Monday, October 07, 2013

Monday evening in New Jersey

I don't know if this will get to the Blog, but it indicates the trip into Philadelphia.
 
Confirmation number: A0FWV3
United flight UA1584 on October 7 is delayed due to late-arriving aircraft.
Now departs: 2:06 p.m. on October 7 from gate B2, Chicago, IL (ORD - O'Hare)
Now arrives: 5:01 p.m. on October 7 at Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
 
We got up at two a.m. to make it to the airport. I had arranged for my office manager to meet us at the office and drop up off at John Wayne airport.  She was to meet us at five a.m.  When she wasn't there, I called her at home. It seems she was so worried about oversleeping that she got up at one, two and three, then over slept and was woken by my phone call. She got to the office a bit late, but we made our flight. When we got to Chicago, we found the 45 minute connection didn't matter, (see above).
 
We met Liz in Chicago, and flew in with Tom and Vivian.  I had a bit of a dust up at the airport about a rental car. I won't go into details, but I ended up going to another service and only doubled my costs.
 
But, we are here, saw Jimmy and Linda Fox.  Saw some nice dogs already at the hotel, and now am anxious to see a dog show.
 
The host hotel is OK, but nothing special.  All I have seen so far of New Jersey is woods and an Applebee's where we had dinner.
 
I purchased a portable hot spot in case there is no internet in the building, so I will test it tomorrow.  It seems simple enough, but it took the salesman an hour to make it work.  Now we will see how it does it with me. Of course I have Michel and Bob at the announcer's table with me, and one of them will understand it.
 
Life is nothing but excitement.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together