Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Now it begins

It is early.  Sheila was here to help set up, and so was Zoe.  They  said this would go to the list, and they will copy to the Facebook location.  I don't know where the Blog goes, but I hope this gets out.

The adventure started when we got in too late to get a car. They all close in Springfield at 8:00. So we were going to get a cab. I went out and went to the cab stand. There were not cars there.  Tedi and I stood around and decided to use Uber, but I could not figure out what the phone wanted.  A black pick-up drove up and a man asked if we were looking for a cab?  I said yes, and he said you can't get cabs in this town. He said throw your suitcases in the back and I will take you to your motel.  Being from LA, I figured at best we would lose our luggage, and at worse, we would be kidnapped.

He was with his wife, so I figured, what the hell. He took us to the ;motel even going by the fair grounds to show us where we would be. A nice way to start the National.

The next day National called to see if I still wanted the car.   said I would be by later.  When we got there, they told us they had no cars.  I just laughed, but Tedi was pissed.  We walked over to the Hert's counter.  The man was there, and we told him the story, and he said he had a pick-up we could rent. Tedi broke her knee so can't get into a high car.  We went to find one with a running board. He said he would rent us a van if we wanted to drive one. We drive a Town and Country, so he gave us a new Pasifica.  So, we have to fill it with gas when we return it, but so far, after a day, all we used was the battery.

Here we go with the Futurity.

We are isolated again.  Toni, Bob and me. I doubt I will do much announcing, they both like the mike,  and I don't care.

Rita just walked by and I was talking to her husband, who is a great guy, as expected, and I met Greg years ago. It is good to see him, but I can't imagine being at a National and not a dog fan.

I am at one side of the stand, and Bob and Toni on the other, so I won't have much to joke about. But, I may go visit them at times.  Not many people here yet, I did see Mike Metz, and Zoe and Sheila were here to help me set up. 

Diane Brown just walked by, and Bob is working the crowd.  I am amazed how good she looks, but she always did. John Beamont came by to talk, and if they are on the stairs which are right next to us.  What a nice line-up of dogs in the ring,

Reta walks down the line and checks them in. Kent just came by and said he appreciates when I gave him my Harley to ride.  I  think that was in Datonna, Florida. And the first four go around, not, it is all of them.

Still nine regions, and next year there will be two less.

I was worried about the motel since Tedi told me it was rated with 2 stars.  But it is great, two rooms, clean and very plush.

Clint is here now, and talkiing to us.  First was CR7, a real nice dog. Now Protege and a real handsome dog.

Next up ;Pipe Bomb. These dogs all look like champions. I like Pipe, (ow whatever they call him), and Rita does the individual, and from my view I get not only the screen, but see the dogs down and back. I am right in line.  Kent is double handling, and very subtle,. He doesn't look like he needs much, and round he goes. It is real quiet, and Liz is handling. He is a crowd favorite.

Now Blue Jean Night. The catalog is set up so you can't see where and who they won under, unless you go back and forth. A lot of applause for that one as well.

Now Kobee Bearyant.  No need to see who the owner is, with that name.  The Florida mafia, (or is it the connection), I get confused;

Next up is Eclipse of the Heart.  I love the quality of this group of dogs. It says a lot about our breed.  They line up and Rita says, take it easy and take them around, and off they go.

I would have trouble picking from these dogs. I see the quality but I also have favorite styles. In front goes Blue Jean Night, and in second is Piper Bomb and off they go.   Rita puts Pipe Bomb in front and takes the out of the ring.  

That was the first group, and in come the rest. Rita is such a consumate judge, it takes her little time to place the dogs.

Yesterday Sam did a nice job.  He was easy to follow, and got the best dogs up.  His winner's dog, is going to be a real challenge for Grand Victor. I can't spell his name but it is Cese Ce Bongue, or something close to that. I gave him BOS in Oregon, but he could have easiiy gone BOB. He is a great one, and will be hard to beat. Don't blame me for spelling, I can't spell easy stuff.


The first dog handler has no number so I have asked Bob who it is.  He is on his phone.  First dog was Elijah with Maria.  Her bib with number (811) fell off during her first trip around the ring.  After individuals, the ring steward put it back on.

Now in there is Spirit of the North with Zac.  Our dog Justice loves Zac, and Lindsey where he has been for four weeks.   They are going to have Kelly  show him in the show.

Next is Lux with George.  Some nice applause as he went around.

Next is My heart is on the rebound (not certain what they call him since that seems to be a long name.  And last for this class is Bet of my Heart (litter mate to the previous dog).  And some nice applause as the last dog goes around.  

Around as a group, and then Rita makes some movements.  Elijah stays in front followed by Lux and the rest.

First group is back in.  Rita takes a look down the line, and then asked them to go around as a group.  She keeps the first three.  Then she looks at the second group, has them go around, and keeps the first 3.  We are down to 6 dogs.  Rita is looking at all 6 now, and has them go around as a group.  

Rita does some movement; she moved Barefoot Blue Jeans in front of Pipe Bomb.  And thats how it ends.  Barefoot Blue Jeans, then Pipe Bomb  then Protege and finally Elijah.

That last part was Tony so again, do not blame me.

More to come

  Here they come and iot is looking like a dog show.  the handler are still dressed, and Rita looks spectacular.