Saturday, October 20, 2018

Open Bitches second session

Jimmie pulls out his first four, Kent in front and does that strange temperament test.  But, they are all good, and there they go, the whole group. He does get the best up front.

Another group.  It is a sort of re-birth in watching a dog show.

Pat Draper came by, but I think he just wanted some candy.  Ten more. I think this is the fourth group  This might be the last group since there are so many move-ups.  Jim is talking to the back of the group, and he seems to be explaining things and they spread out. 

Jim walks them, and I can see the locked hocks, but they so seldom us their shoulders.  Celeste came by, she is always fun to talk to.  Off goes the first four. Now the others, Winner's Bitch, etc.  A second pass. The Veteran is in there too. So this must be the end.  He takes the two Veterans around. Twice. That is more than they did in the class.

I had to have Tony  show me how to bring back the page. He didn't know how to do it.  He can build a fighter jet, but he can't help me on my computer.

Jim is on the next to the last normal entries, and on to the exotics.He is looking at the Winner's Bitch with Mike. Jim is kicking again, and it isn't a comment on the bitch, it looks like his leg hurts.  Diana is doing it, and Jim talks to her and gives her some direction and moved her up one.  She is now eighth or ninth.  I have given up looking up bitches.

Does anyone want me to describe the judging on bitches?  I know dogs are exciting, but what about the bitches?  He will start to eliminate and since you can't breed to someone else's bitch, I wonder if it matters to you?  Lew Bunch is here, and the seats are full. I did talk to Al Martin and Jim moves up  that one to third from the end. 

Almost done, with the individuals, I promise.  I may  move away from Tony and Bob when he starts to cut.  Jim pulls Matt, then Mike, and he doesn't puull any  more, does a second temperament test, and puts them back, and takes the group around.  And they go out. 

It is probably time to start the surgery.

The JUDGE has left the ring.  Now it real quiet.  I will predict he will bring in each group, cut then combine them.  Or, he could bring them all in and cut. He is so confident in there, I can see him doing it either way.  The excitement has ratcheted up, and it is interesting.  Everyone is still in the hunt, and so far, no one has been excused.  We live a bit longer in 2018.  I wish Ken Downing was here.  Just a random thought when I have nothing else to do.

I also wish Ed Barritt or Dave Rinke would judge. They always did such a great job. 

Here they  come, Jimmie is in the ring and I guess I am right, it is the first group only.

Jim stands back and looks at them.  And Jim tells them to take a pass.  He looks them over and they are all still with dreams of Grand Victrix in their heads and hearts.

He points to Diane Brown and puts Black Magic in front, then intervention, Ragen, then Little Liar, then Black Magic,Rosy.   Now the second group comes in.Ten new ones.  Olivia is in front the Scott.  Jim wants to see Velvet down and back.  Now he wants the first three to go around, Olivia in front then Scott and the other, Denny, Leah, and Journey, and the rest to out.  Fast and precise judging.

Now the next group of Ten. Sofie is about five and in there. Off they go. They take two passes. Were I in there, I would be exhausted by just that.  Great judging as the first three or four are his keepers.  Jimmioe has his arms crosse and takes three, andnow the rest.  and moves them to the front,   Now Gossip Girl, Patty, Beauty and Hot Toppic, and now Group Four, another ten, not much chance for those at  end.  Kent is leading, so he will probably stay.  He pulled Honey, Painted Black. Lillie, and Vera.  And the rest go to shepherd heaven for another year.

He has 15 so far and another group to go.  And here they are.  The one's in front are the best chance to stay. Let's see if we are right. I have Zoe, Tony and What's Her Name, (Shelia) helping me.

Jim is talign to the first few, and he pulls the first three, Rose, Stella,Ryobi, and  those three stay, including the Winner's Bitch Stella.

Jim gives them a look and for the first time, he pulls To Thine Own Self.

Now he cuts the group, I should say divide them and his keepers, and the first half, ten.

Lenny Reagon, Journy, Lea, and Zach with Rosey and others. 

Now he takes the other keepers, eight.  Kent in front.  Lots of audience participation.  Jim looks them over and pulls  Rose,,then Stella, both  behind Kent with Candy.   Rose, then Reagan, the Winner's Bitch Stella.  And Jim takes the last nine around and he looks them over.  I thinnk they might go, but her puts Painted Black into eleventh.

Jim wants to look at his sixth, and looks at Gossip Girl, and Black Magic coming and goingl,and he puts them aside. 

He wants to look at his first eight, and off they go.  Very nice bitches.  Jim wants to see them all down and back.  Candy is a fantastic bitch,and I could go with her. 

Jim pulls Candy, Rose, Ragon, Journey, Lea, Stella, Liar, Rosy, He is looking at his other eleven, and now it is getting interesting. Jim goes down and moves up one two places and another up one place.  He takes around his last five.  Around and out. The last pack is six, they might get a token Select.  There are eight that mean a lot, but he has them all lined up.  Fourteen in there, and all winners.  Great breeding,a nd he takes five out to stand loose,and he does a light temperament test. and they are all good.  And, he sends them back.  Those are the stars, so far.  He looks at teh rest, gives some direction and they off together, and I think that mght be it.  Jim tells them to line up in the middle of the ring so everyone can see them, and the last three are excused, (The Last Cut).  And then there were eleven.

There they go, lots of cheers and YES,  that is it.

One is Candy
Two is Rose
Three Reagan
Four Journey
Five Leah
Six Stella
Seven Liar
Eight Rosie
Nine Gossip Girl
Ten Paint It Black
Eleven Denny

That is as good as it can get.  I  admit, I will add Jim to Ed and Dave. Of course, I haven't seen the males yet.