Monday, October 15, 2012

Final musings

Well, another National is in the books.  It was fun.   I made some new friends, got to see those I miss all year. I saw some fantastic dogs, and bitches.  There was tragedy, Trish, (who will recover), a stolen credit card, Bob not being there to announce, and someone losing their card on the way home.
 
There were great things. Seeing Frank welcome everyone, watching some great new handlers, such a Brooklyn showing at their first national.  Seeing so many to quality dogs and bitches that there were 35 selects. After all, if we keep improving our breed there will always be more, not less quality animals at our national.
 
In the end, it is another year. We are almost home now, and it will take a few months to get back to normal, (as if I were ever normal).
 
This year, more than most, I saw laughter, friendship and just people having a good time. It might be a reflection of our board, (I think it is), or the lack of contraversy.  Whatever it was, this was one of the most pleasant nationals I have ever been to.
 
Next year, the centennial should be even better. Be there, or be square.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together