Sunday, October 02, 2011

Everything must end

We are home. It was a great national and relaxed and no one seemed to get up tight.
 
I thought that was a factor of the show last year, but it is the reflection of Bill Burgraff.  He is everywhere working on details and showing how much fun a dog show can be. He lets his personality reflect in the show, and the people who attended appreciated it. There was more laughter this year than most.  I also did talk to Bill and he was thinking of resigning from doing the National. I did all I could to get him to change his mind. I will know in a few days what he decides to do. Either way, we all should thank him.
 
I loved what Ed did. He has always said that the first four or five Selects are what is meaningful and after that, if they are good enough to go Select the placing are not important. That is what he did. Now, some may not like that, and might want to brag about being Select 8 instead of Select 11. But, I have to agree with Ed. It is important for the top few, and the rest are quality enough to be Select.  I have never seen anyone else with the ability to know and remember so much about dogs and bitches as Ed, and it was very sad for me to hear he was not going to do another National. We have four years to change his mind.  I know it must be hard on him, but he has so much to offer to the breed.
 
I never saw so much outpouring of good will in the way people treated Summer. She was thrilled to be accepted into our family and I hope she continues to show the dedication.  People like Sally and Molly went way out of the way to encourage her.  Jimmy had kind word, Leslie and so many others said how well she did.  Bob Grady has been a big factor in her dedication.  It is hard for me to remember she is but 10 years old.
 
The Drapers were thrilled to go first with Asgard's Icon.  And I saw so many incredible animals this year.  We breed each time to improve the breed, so after a few years of doing that, we should have this quality.
 
Thanks for letting me share my thoughts with you.  At times I get tired and think about just watching the show, but I do get so much response that I plan to do this until they pry my laptop from my cold dead lap.
 
Stay well everyone and we will do this again next year in Colorado.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together