Saturday, October 01, 2011

Twenty Selects

Here we go with the males. We took a break for lunch and got back just in time.   Bob is flirting with the video girl, and I don't blame her.  Gary just came by to talk to Tony and everyone is getting their bibs. 
 
I can tell the tension building and everyone is getting ready for the BIG SHOW.  I congratulated Bob Funk and he is jazzed.  Very cool for them. As well as Frank and Kriss and Fred and Ellen.  I think Eli will go Grand Victor and what I saw yesterday on Friday, I know who is going to win.
 
There they are, in the ring.
 
Male specials all around the ring.
 
Ed is working the ring and laughing with the handlers.  Christine and Steve Granger are here and I need to spend some time with them. They can always make me laugh.  Now Ed is counting to cut the classes, or rather divide them. I think he will cut later. We start with 55 males after the absentees.
 
Bob Bergraff is here and wants to talk to us.  Seems Rita needs a ride to the airport, but we are leaving at three thirty in the morning.  Ginny just came by to talk about the growing tension.
 
First is Abby with BB Cody V Kiridler. I can't see her because Bobby is in my way.  Linda brings out Navigator and she is looking as great as always.   Kevin is behind me asking for candy.  Summer gave him some. I told him he doesn't need any more candy.  Lenny is out there with Ray Bearone. 
 
George comes in with First Knight, one of the Army sons.  Up next is Learning to Fly.  That is a nice substantial dog and looks ready to go.  Elizabeth brings out Secret Agent. 
 
It is Mike with All That Matters (Kobe).  He is a great looking and moving dog.  Captain Crunch with Jammie. A very handsom dog.  The number one herding dog in the country.
 
They stand and Ed looks them over, and walks down the line and looks at them each and takes a step and looks again and tells them "OK guys, one time around."  Of they go for the day in Topeka.
 
The next group starts with Patron. I love the dog, but I have spent some time with him, and he is a super dog. They go out, and in comes the next group.  Patron is Select in Canada and America, and Excellent. 
 
Patron takes his pass with Bill Tank.  Out comes High Five.
 
Hello again everyone! It's Summer Khatib again. The dog show is very fun watching all the dogs and bitches. Or, should I say, all the BEAUTIFUL dogs and bitches.
 
Everyone at the show keeps stopping by at our announcers table to get some candy and cookies. Last night we bought three bags of candy, and four packages of cookies.
 
We had a spectacular lunch buffet today. It consisted of: mashed potatoes, country fried steak, and soup.
 
And now, back to the show....
 
Front and center in the ring is champion Peter's Elite Name Your Poise-n'. Next up is, champion Amber's RJ Of Scher-Lo.
 
Finally... he is taking them all around.
 
I'm baaack. So don't look for good spelling or political talk.  Harley Davidson is out there now. What a great breeder must have produced him.  He has that there Asgard name on him, so he must be a good dog.  Double Down is out there. 
 
Grayson with Al Martin.  That is a good looking dog, perfect breeding.  Year of the Gentleman is there lots of style.  Ed looks calm and this dog was reserve winner's Dog from last years's national.  Standing Outside The Fire is there. That is a stallion type of dog, and it is impressive to see how much type we have on our dogs now. 
 
Next up is Nancy with League of His Own, Turbo. He was Winner's Dog last year and Winner's Dog and Select and this years Maturity Victor.  Roxanne has him in great condition and that is a dog with a lot of style.   Olivia brings out Key Largogh V Marjo. He already has gone Select. 
 
High Voltage with Sylvain.  I have always admired this dog. Georgie is standing behind me and entertaining the crowd.  That's the end of the line and Ed walks over looking down and now looks them over and stands back to watch them go by. He looks at them at both sides.
 
Out with the old and in with the new. The fatigue factor is setting in. And just with me.  In front is Cacique.  Cacique is out there for examination and has gone Select before, I think. But, remember you should not listen to me for valid comments.  Ed makes a lot of notes. Now an all black, Solitaire N; Black Jack. I have always liked this dog.  Heart of Gold. A big substantial dog.
 
I need something to make this interesting. Bob and I are doing the best we can, but we are going to get into trouble.  Rascal is there now another of the Army sons. We are currently breeding an Army daughter to Big Ben.  When we get home we will know if it worked.  Leslie with Fios. Down and Back just like the rest of them. No changes and a bit boring doing the same thing. 
 
JR goes out there with Chad. Another deep bodied substantial dog.  Next up is Bloomsberry's In Thyme with Terressa.  Maybe I should just head to the airport and go home. I am not doing anything here but repeating the catalogue which you all could get on line. 
 
Channing brings out Jack Bauer.  Another dog I have seen a lot and I have always admired him.  That's the end of the class, so there they go posing and waiting for Channing to get there, and there he is.
 
They take a pass and now Ed is only looking at the curtain side and now they bring in the next group.   Eli in the front with Kent.  Kent brings him out and he is one good looking dog.  There he goes and Ed watches him. 
 
Another Frasano dog, Desbearado, the sire of all the winners so far. That is one handsome dog.  Art has him and the crowd likes this dog.  Storm's A' Brewing is there with Ross.  Bill Basu has Goodfella.  A lot of dog.  He is only four but sure is fully matured. 
 
Greg brings out Donatello. Isn't a turtle?  A good looking dog and rich in pigment.  I love the deep body type. To tell the truth if I was to say what I see, all I would say is I see a lot of people's backs.  There goes another good one.
 
Iza came by and so is Bill Basu in front of us.  Sean brings to Ed Santana.  Me & Bobby McGee with Cindy Tellefson.  I have seen this dog before and know he is a good one.  Mojito.  It is 3:00 and we still have a lot of show to go.  Tony thinks there are another 15 dogs to go, so two more groups.  Mojito has his fan club, and he is a good looking young fellow.  He also has a good handler. They stand in a group and Ed looks them over and has them take another trip.  573 is now Select Excelent. I don't think I listed them anyway, so check with Michel.
 
To the center of the ring is Feature Presentation.  Another of the deep bodied dark dogs.  I see a trend in the breed.  Zomer takes the ring.  I love the style of dog.  Not any interest in the dogs from the crowd.  Lots of babble, but not cheering.
 
I am thinking I like Kobe best so far.  Scott brings to Ed Galaxy.  He might be a brother to last year's Grand Victrix. But I might just be making that up to make it interesting. Now Paul Johnson, Bob Eaton,k Dave Rinke and DD are in front of me.  DD looks great this year.  Not that he didn't in the past. 
 
Zak has Johnnie Black.   Johnnie Black is a nice young dog, but is young. I think he might turn into a great one in the future. He did a lot of winning in California. 
 
Jon has Victor, a Samuri son. We, of course had a Samuri daughter, Honey Be Good who is the dam of Kirk. It is all about me. I can find a way to talk about me any time.
 
Here comes Jimmie.  He takes on his role as a handler/judge with Ike. This year's Canadian Grand Victor.   I like that dog. I would love to see him move more.
 
Hitman is there with JR. He has done a lot of winning. Now Dances with Eagles.  A very deep bodied dog.  Ed looks them over and walks to the end. He still looks fresh and tells them to take a pass.  Jim York came by and I did some legal work for the Temperament Committee so we did talk about them. 
 
Comfort break.  And they are back.
 
New group.  Ed stands out there and she brings him Eddison.  Gary Szymzyk is here talking to us. It is still quiet in her. This is a good looking outline. I love the ribbing.
 
Now Kelly with Free and Easy.  An Aries son and one I have liked before.  Having this much free time is not good for me. I might say things I would regret. And that has never happened before.  I do like this dog, and so does the crowd. 
 
Christie brings in 777. I do like his number.  It is English Channel.  Nice proportions.  Christie has run for three days and looks fresh as the day we got here. 
 
Leanna takes in Johan Santana and looks good, so does the dog. 
 
Now the Veteran dog, Hawk.  Looks like a young dog.  Now the older Veteran, Here Comes Trouble.
 
Next The Guz with the Winner's Dog Here Comes Trouble.  Here we go with the cutting board.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together