Thursday, October 30, 2008

What I do for you

I spent three hours today working on the streaming video. I got two experts to help me, Allen, and Dr. Sheldon Howard. They both understand computers, and have years of experience. We got the camera to work, and to download to my laptop, but it wouldn’t go through to the location for all to watch.
At the national each year I have had a problem getting access to the net. There has been one reason after the other. So, I purchased an air card, to attach to my computer to send out the Blog. It worked, and one year I had to go outside to use it, another to a local store. But, each year I got the Blog out, and it seems to work.
Well, it seems that the air card will not send the streaming video. When I go on DSL it works, but with a 24 second delay. Also, the system set up will only allow 6 people on at a time, but Zoe is working to extend that to 60. If I can get on the DSL, or if the location is Wi Fi, the streaming video will work. Also, I have a funky camera, so if someone has a better camera, I have purchased an adaptor that will work on every camera.
That is where we stand. Will we have streaming video? I don’t know. I have it set up, I have the camera, I have the system loaded to send it. Dr. Howard is going to work tomorrow and see if he can come up with a better system, and we are getting together on Friday. I got home from my deposition at nine at night, and have to be at a motion tomorrow, it will be a two hour drive to get there.
I am working on it, and next year, when the club is going to try to do it, I am sure it will work. This year? I just don’t know.