Friday, October 11, 2019

AMERICAN BRED DOGS

Max Thompson is here and I haven't seen him earlier. We got to chat for a bit.

I was looking at the calendar, and can't imagine how many dogs the Drapers brought.  I guess a lot of them are with co-owners.  Bud Drew was by earlier. 

Five in there, so how long can it take. Now, I could judge a class of this size and not screw up too badly.

I brought the good candy today.

Jeff is in first for now, then Al is in there, I got to talk to him for a minute yesterday, then Liz and at the end then Diane.  I know I get older each year, why don't they?

Bob is giving directions but it looks like no one is listening to him. They are bringing out a chair, I guess cover something.  It is at the side, but we may be missing a clean up committee. Off they go, but the two at the end weren't listening, but now they catch up.  

Frank Martello is in front of me, and seems intent. Why Not Bet On Me is one of their dogs, with Al, so he is pretending to double handle.

We are expecting a heat wave of 45 today, but then down into the 20s later.  It is hard to prepare for this stuff. Tedi loves the cold, me, not so much.

I am sure you noticed that as the days go by, I tend to lose interest, and blather more. Someone came up to me yesterday and said she enjoys the Blog, even though she is here.  I am amazed anyone reads this stuff. Maybe it makes you feel more competent than me, but that is a very low bar.

I just looked in the book, and Pat Draper has eight entries. None for Celeste. As an attorney who does community property, I find that significant.  

I like the Martello dog. Great front.  I think Bob will like him too.  Now the dog by Dallas owned by Sheree Moses. Now the last dog in the class, Castle Black.

Man, for the amount of noise, this place could be empty. I think everyone stayed home today.

Off they go, and all together, walking, now at a faster pace, and this is an interesting class. Bob rubs his chin and in front Mayham, then Show up and Dance, then Al with Bet On me, and they go stack in the middle. I haven't seen this before unless it is to show the people what there is. bob is using it for down and back.  I think, as I said before, it is for the camera.

I don't know where Flower Boy is, and we are headed to the second half of judging.   What is the sound of one hand clapping?  That's what I hear.

I see Sheree doubling. 

Bob walks to the front, pets each dog, and one pulled away,then was fine,and now the second, the third and the fourth and the fifth.  A few aren't hero material.  And off they go with another pass and Bob stayed back, but now walks to the front of the group and looks at them as a group, and tells them to take another pass. Kent is here yelling at the first dog, double handling,and I think that is it, and Bob points and YES that is it.

First is Mayhem, Second is Show Up And Dance, Third is Bet On Me, and Fourth is Castle Black.  One with no ribbon.