Saturday, October 12, 2019

Saturday is finally here

It's quarter to three, and there's no one in the place, except you and me.

OK, it's just after 6:30 in the morning, but there isn't anyone here yet.  It was 30 when I went to the car, and I am looking forward to getting back to California.

The show has been great. I can't imagine what it takes for Gail to bring all of this together.  I know there are problems and that stuff comes up, but generally it has been a good event. I like the arena, the sod has held up, the stalls are so much better than taped off areas for the dogs, and the sound system, the temperature control and the whole attitude is as good as can be expected.

Every year I spend about $300.00 on candy for everyone. This morning when I came in, someone had taken the candy bowl, so I purloined a small bucket from the ring side and I will fill it, and whoever is experiencing a tremendous sugar rush from what was left last night, I hope it isn't too severe.

I went to dinner with Dave and Martha Rinke, (two of my favorite people), and Summer and her mom. Then we went to buy an outfit for Summer, and some running shoes. She hadn't planned on showing, (it has been two years since she was in the ring), as she was asked to show a Special.

Rita is going to do the bitches first. That is a good idea since if she does dogs first, people will leave. Tedi is riding back with Twyla, and I have to be in the office Monday, so I will try to find the airport without anyone giving me directions.

Tonight I have to find something to do,then home tomorrow.

More later.