Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] The Last Word

As always you did a magnificent job.  

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 15, 2019, at 6:32 PM, Evan Ginsburg (Redacted sender "elg440" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@freelists.org> wrote:

I am back in the "real world"

It was an easy trip to the airport, and I was there hours early. Tedi got home yesterday, I am at the office, and everything is as if I wasn't gone.

I didn't go to the dinner Saturday night, (we haven't gone for years), but went out with Summer and her mother to eat. Ann Schultz was at the restaurant, and we got to talk about the show.

It was fun to have Flower Boy with me, at least while it lasted. He was gone Friday, to protect his home due to them shutting off power to 800,000 Californians. I think it is because the power company were found liable for the last fire, and wanted to show what happens when you "poke the bear".

I thought Ken, Bob and Rita did an outstanding job. I was hampered because I had no help at the announcer's table, and I wanted to get the Blog out as best I could. I hear people enjoy it, and I admit, I don't know why.  We found and returned four cell phones, a wallet full of credit cards and money, and ended up with a nice red coat that nobody claimed.

On Saturday Greg helped me. He is Rita's main squeeze, and has young eyes. He would give me the numbers, and I could look them up in the catalog.  I enjoyed talking to him even though he is not a dog person. We were in a cage above the arena and barred off from the people. I have to admit that is not a job for one person, but I had fun, and did miss talking to friends. We did get to go to dinner with the Rinke's, and that is a high point for me each year.

Every year, (over 45 years now) I am never sure I can get away for the National, and every year when I get home, I swear I won't do it again. Then the time comes, Tedi buys the tickets, reserves a car, gets us a motel, and there I am again.

So, maybe I will see you next year, if they don't ring the bell for me.

Evan