Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Here I am, only a few of us in the arena. I  just talked to Oak Smith, and he looks great. It is strange to see people each year and not between.  It is easy to stay friends.

I have power, I have a microphone, I have a comfortable chair, and I wore everything I have to stay warm.  They are moving table, the sod looks great, the ring have a white wall on both sides of the ring, and my view is perfect.

We are inside, and the talk on the news is what is happening tomorrow, big freeze and snow.  Today it is 45, and going up to 70.

Flower Boy might have to go home, so I will be alone here. They are shutting down his electricity for a week for fire danger.  I may be alone at the announcer table. I am up above the crowd, so everyone, please come visit.  I bought $100 of candy, but now I may just put it down with the seats, I can't convince people to come by, unless they go up the stairs and visit.

I miss Bobby, we always were the first in each morning.  I got here an hour ahead, to see what he setup is.  Gail is here, and what a job she does. I hear there is some conflict going on with the board. I am glad we have people like Clint and Gail to work. Tedi went back to the car, and I don't think she liked coming this early.

She is going to ride home with Twyla, but I will have to find the airport without someone to give me directions.  Not the best idea in the world. But, I want to get back to see what is going on at the office.

I have a new lap top, and I am trying to learn it.  I have a new phone that I have no idea about, and last week I moved my office. Those who know me know I don't adopt well to change.  Maybe that explains  my 52 years of marriage. Actually the dogs keep us together. Whenever we fight I tell her she has to take the dogs, and she says I have to.  We stay together.

Twyla is here early, and Bob Mahia stopped my, and now I am waiting to see if Flower Boy will be here. He told me he might have to go home, as they are turning off the electricity in his area. It is on the news. 

Bob Drescher, (the voice of the National) is here now to judge males, and it is going to be strange not to have him here at the stand with me.  He missed one year when he took a new job, but other than that we have been doing this for 39 years, for the first 8 or 9, I wasn't announcing but to fill in.

More to come.

Evan