Friday, October 15, 2021

Friday at the National

Another day, another group of winners, and all the rest.

It is about an hour before show time, and one person in the ring working a dog. Tim is her setting up his equipment to do the video, and I guess it is working.

The first day for the show before the show was clear and the sun shined. I was amazed to see blue sky with no smog, and I got more sun than I should have.  Every day after that was strange with water falling from the sky. We don't see that in Los Angeles, so it was strange to actually use windshield wipers.  It did get a bit cold, but not anything like Kentucky.

They took away one of the chairs up here, and so Zoe had no place to sit. I may sneak one back. It is crowded, but we needed a place for Bob, me and Martha.  If Tedi were here, I think I could convince them to give us another chair.

I got to sit with Dave and Martha Rinke for a bit yesterday after the show. The handlers brought in some of the dogs to practice and we were able to get a preview of what will happen today. Each day gets more exciting with more enthusiasm from the crowd.  Then in Specials, it gets more interesting.

Gail does a job that can't be explained. There are so many details that have to come together, and she does it, with little stress, or so it seems.  I know there are some who want to complain, but overall it is working.  Still quiet half an hour before the show.

I did have trouble with the band width, or at least that is what Zoe told me.  I think I lost one class, but take my word for it, they were all judged.  I don't think too many were missed, and both Carmen and Linda got the best up to the front.  There was no wasted time, and for young pups, they worked well.  I did see some temperament problems but I expect those will be worked out by the older classes today.

I admit missing the office, and each day seems to have more problems. I will be glad to get back and try to solve them.  Next year, if I do come, I may come in later, so as to miss less law crap.  I mean law work.  Martha being a retired Judge and I do talk about the courts a bit.  I am sitting as a Judge two to three times a week now, and we can talk shop.

Here come the ribbons, and some of the workers. Tim is still setting up the cameras and checking the sound systems. We had someone sing the anthem yesterday and I guess she is doing it today and tomorrow.  I will let others give their opinions of live singing vs recorded music.

The food is limited, but OK.  Bob and I had the hamburgers and they were quite good.  Sort of a limited choice, but it worked for everyone. There are a bunch of fast food joints half a mile away.

I am going to send this, take a break, and I will be back with Novice Dogs,(2), then Bred By (4)  then it all begins.

Be kind to each other, and if not, do not leave any clues.