Thursday, October 14, 2021

Thursday

Here I am, alone in a large arena.  I like coming early, as I have said every year.
It is just Tim and me. He is setting up all the audio equipment and we have been talking about his business.  I told him I haven't heard any  complaints, and that is all either of us ask for.

Bob,(the voice of the National) Dresher gave what can only be called the perfect seminar on judging. If those who attended would do what he suggested, we could all show at all-breeds and expect good judging. I don't know who listened, but he was just great.

The DM seminar was not as satisfying. All they did was say after millions in research they identified the problem, how to breed a carrier to a non-carrier, and that you should not eliminate every carrier as it would destroy the breed. They have no treatment, no cure, no answer other than when the dog shows signs at about 8 years old, to put that dog down.  I wanted some answers, but heard none.  There seems to be no result other than knowing what is going on.

I see Jack Kilgore is here from Canada, and I understand you can fly into the US, but not drive. He is doing Specials in Canada next year, so I would think he watched the Maturity carefully.

The judging was reasonable and efficient. We has some down time, but neither Carmine or Linda went over.  It was fun to see how much Linda enjoyed what she was doing, and seemed to be having fun.

Gail Stifferman is here now, checking the tables. I guess each section of tables and chairs have a designated person, so it should be interesting.

Today is the puppies, 6-9, 9-12,12-15 and 15-18

Michael Cheeks was here talking and I reminded him that Tedi got him to send his dog to the National when he wasn't going to do it, and got his grand victor.  Zoe is here now, and talking with me. 

Lenny is in the ring, and Zack and Lindsey are working dogs now.  

I will sign off now, as some people want to talk.  More to come.