Wednesday, October 13, 2021

The Blog

I can't believe I have been doing this for 15 years. Well, 14, since I didn't go to the National last year, in deference to Covid.

I came alone this year, Tedi stayed home to deal with a one puppy litter, and might come in Friday for Specials. That means I can be up at 12:30 to give my latest thoughts.

I see some new, (read young), people this year. It might signify a growth in the sport, certainly we hit bottom with dog shows of 10 or less. The show in California with 60 reminded me of what they used to be, and a class of 17 in the Show before the Show looked like the old days.

It looks like Bob (the voice of the national) and I are in a booth isolated from the madding crowd. That just means I don't have to spend $1,000 on candy like in the past. It also means I don't get to talk to those I want to talk to, so I need to work that out.

The facility is a National. Not fancy, big, open and will be interesting to see how the footing is. I was told it is cloth and sand.  I walked on it, and it is sort of soft, and might be great for the dogs.

Of course I am watching for Zeke. I think he is in the Maturity, but I am not sure. I know he will be in Specials.  I don't know if Michele is here. I know how hard it is to get away with a court schedule, but I hope she will be watching. He is a fantastic dog, and one I do hope to get to judge some day.

I guess I will go back to my book now, and stop bothering people with this drivel.  I don't know if that was spelled correctly, but nothing indicates it wasn't.

More tomorrow, or to be accurate, later today.

Evan