Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Now it begins Futurity Dogs

I am sitting with Bob, (the voice of the national).  Lost of people here already and in go the Futurity dogs. I did get to say hello to Dave Rinke and Martha, and Martha is here talking to Bob. Carman is doing dogs, and they are all out there nine in all. I see the handlers are going for the fist pass.  There they go, some great young dog.   I like the sable Bill Basu has, Winchester.

He takes the first out and back, The Comeback Kid. I see Ben in the ring to couple, outside the ring.  Not that many here yetf, so the sound of one hand clapping. Now Olivia with Cargo.  Erin Ellis is standing in front of us.

We are up in a booth, so no candy for you. Now Lenny with Beyond the Phantom. I see Debbie working the show. Gail did another great job.

Christy in the center now.  Mid West Best in Futurity Initial Dampener.  Nice dog.  Now Candy Man with Kelly.  Art Sinclair is standing front of us and Against All Odds in the middle.  There are more people here than normal for the Futurities.  I went with Ann Schultz to pick up Carmin this morning. I know I spelled her name wrong, but I don't care. I noticed I have been doing this for 14 years so I no longer care about offending people.  As an attorney I do that all the time.

Bill Basu has the sable I like.  Winchester.  I said that already, but I don't mind repeating.  A lot of milling around. Mike Mentz is here, and talking to us.  I think this is going to be a big National.  I don't know the entry, but someone must know. Cindy in the ring with a black, Heat of The Night.  And now he walks down the line.

And take them around.  Now, one at a time. Each dog has their own little pocket of applause. The crowd likes Dapener.  A large number of good dogs, and Now The Sable.  

Carmine bring up Dampener in front, and he is unimpressed with the sable.  But, no one asked me to judge, so I understand.  This surface is strange. Is ripped cloth and sand. Soft, but the dogs don't show to the best, in my opinion which is all that matter here.

Now he looks at the rest of them, and I would have loved to see them on sod  Now fighting for a placing.  Now looking to see who goes best of dump, the last three.  Channing, and Cindy with Kelly. Mike Metz came by..  Now they line up, that may be it. They stack with dreams, and he pulls the out, the first tow, and off they go. Now second and third.  Dampener in front and I think that will be the winner.  Now walking the line, and now up front Avery's dog in front.

That's it. Number one is Norberge's Inertial Dampener of Clayfield, Two is Rainita's Against All Odds, third is Signature's Cargo -PP and fourth is Signature's Beyond the Phantom of Springrock.

Now on the bitches.