Friday, October 11, 2024

Friday is a new day

Here we go again, another Friday or as I call it Champions Eve.  I saw some great young dogs, and I loved the Breed dog from the Pre-Show.  But, today we get those entries that didn't yet finish. I know the show entries are small, but you seldom see anything being shown that won't or can't finish.  The sport has gotten too expensive to show pets, and so we see the best of the best.

I have to figure out how to work the announcing so people can understand what we are saying. The sound system often is a problem as it is here as well.

Tedi comes later to the show, Twyla picks her up. I like to get to the ring early. It used to be that Bob Lindsey and I would see who would get there first.   Speaking of Bob, I hope Bob Dresher, (the voice of the National) will be able to return to the microphone next year.  He has all those great dogs and bitches, Canadian Grand Victrix, but it is more fun with him. Not that Tony isn't fun, but we need that third person to have the fun we used to have.  Between Bob. Tony and I we seem to know everyone, and I miss that.

Off to the fantastic free breakfast with all the National people at the motel, and more to come.