Wednesday, October 09, 2024

Wednesday in Reno

Well, here we are at another national. It was a 9 hour drive, not as bad as Illinois, or even Denver.  We used a small road, not the highway to avoid an extra five hours, and it worked. Got a lot of stop lights, and trucks, but still got here in nine hours.



I  own five cars, but still rented a "luxury" vehicle for the trip. The dog van has 90,000 miles on it and isn't a comfortable ride. I drive a Mercedes SL which is a two seater so I don't have to have others with me, and it has no room for luggage and is too small for Tedi. Tedi drive a Honda Fit, and that is definetly not a road car. I buy a Rav 4 for my file clerk, who has been with me 23 years, and she wants to use it. My office manger drives my Honda, but she too doesn't want to give it up for a week. She has been with me 34 years so I try not to upset her.

I was provided a Alpha Romero.  It has limited luggage space, is not very large, isn't a good road car, and gets terrible gas millage.  But, I guess it looks good on us, and that is what is important.

Tedi is doing great, walking is slow, but she is glad to be out. We saw Bill Basu with Carolyn Martell when we went over to the show sight. It is amazing how it seems like you were with your friends just the other day, when it has been a year since you have seen them. That, to me, is why I love the Nationals.  It is the people and also a few great dogs.

I hope this goes out. So, let me know if you read it. If you don't get it, be sure to tell me and I will ask Zoe to fix it.

I don't post during the show before the show or this year at the Futurity, but they have finally found a way to get me and Tony so that no one has to see or talk to us. We are way up top of the arena in a private booth away from everyone who counts. I may spend a lot of time away from my post, so you have the advantage of not hearing much from me.

Tedi sleeps on, I am about to get a free breakfast then off to the show.  I know Ed has a new dog in 12 to 18 that I hear is great. There are seven in the class, or the horror of giant entries. Over half the entries will get a ribbon.  I remember when you were thrilled to get a ribbon, and it was a dream to make the first cut.

I will adjust, but it is a new world of dog shows.

More later, if this works, or not.

Evan