Wednesday, October 09, 2024

Wednesday in Reno

It was a good day, but a bit long. All the judging was interesting and some excellent. I got to talk to a lot of old friends, and some I 
I've known a long time.  Old is the key.  It is good to see Celeste is her and Bill Basu said he hurt his back so Ed won't be coming and I was looking forward to seeing him.  Bob Dresher is here with Martha, and I got to talk to them.  I spent some time with Manny and Joey and we talking about the weather in Florida.  I sat with Martin when he wasn't judging and met his daughter Kim.  I did some card tricks and for me that is always fun.

Twyla is here and sat with Tedi.  So many people came up to say hello to Tedi and even Martin made it a point to come by. Art Sinclair is here after not coming to the Nationals for year and Bill and I talked too.  It is so good to see so many of us still here. I didn't get to tell her but Diane Brown seems to have found a way to get younger and at one point she and her daughter were side by side in the ring.

Best of Breed was Ch Macabre Kaleef's Scandalous, and I thought he was a standout.  Best Opposite Sex was listed on the board as GCH Legacy's Redemption of Breauhausen.  Clearly the board that was marked is wrong, since Scandalous is a bitch and a male was BOB. Someone smarter than me will  straighten it out, and that includes most everyone.  Best of Winners was Jimeni's Cal V Eklectric.  Select Dog was GCh Hessen's Prince of Darkness of Mariner, (Amy Nichols, Debra Laser. and handled by Cindi Tellefson), and Ch Wilron's Winsome's Black Leather and Lace. Best Puppy was Legacy's Stpke My Fire who was alsop Reserve Winner's Dog.

I will do more tomorrow, but for now, that is what I know and what I saw, limited to what I want to share.

Evan