Thursday, October 10, 2024

The National on Thursday

It is early, an hour and a half before breakfast here at the motel.  I don't know how to get this to the internet, but I know it is showing  up on The List.

It is going to be a short day today, and we should be done by two or three.  I am not sure if I will be up on the announcer's booth, or done on the floor. They have set us up way at the top of the facility and it makes sure I don't have to mix with the little people.  Tony wondered down on the floor with a microphone yesterday, but for some reason you could not hear what he was saying. Well, you could hear it, but it was all jumbled with an echo.  He suggested we sit down with the real folks, and perhaps that will work, but it is up to those who must be obeyed as to how we handle it.,

I got to sit with Paul Johnson yesterday and we talked how it was a shame that Dave and Martha Rinke would not be here. I always looked forward to talking to them and with our Presidential race it would have been even more interesting.

I saw Dave Fritche's grandson David in the ring. I thought he was still five years old, but I got to talk to him and he has graduated college with a degree in desel mechanics. He already has job opportunities.  The years go by so fast, and I also saw Diane Brown's daughter, grown up and a young lady.  It is great that I didn't get any older, but they did.

I ran into Lauren and Scott, and again Lauren gets more attractive every year, and looks younger than last year.  Do we have vampire handlers?  Hallie McMullen is here and Ronnie Dollar was in the ring, doing a fantastic job.  Linda Wallace was sitting with us for a while and having a good time.  I did get to talk for a bit with Lindsey and Zac who are everywhere showing dogs. they both do such a great job.

Fran Fasano was running back and forth and we talked for a bit.  Martha Simonett and I talked about how we both enjoyed being lawyers, and her retirement from being a Judge. Bob Dresser is too busy with his winning dogs to announce, I hope next year he can come back and sit in the booth where we all need him as the voice of the national. He was always what we heard for years.

Hallie McMullen was talking to Twyla and me, and is having a good time.  I did take a minute to talk to Frank Fasano, but he was way too busy to spend time in one spot. Debbie Kaser let me spend time with Cate. She and I have a special relationship, Cate, not Debbie, although I have known Debbie and Amy from before they were both born. Figure that one out if you can.  

Kent is here looking like he is as young as he used to be. Speaking of that, I did sit with Jimmie for a while and we both agreed it has been a long and fun trip. The is the 111th National and we  both have been at them all.

Channing was in the ring for a class of one. He went first. I miss Ken Tank, maybe he is coming later. I haven't seen Gloria yet, but Tedi picked this motel as she said it was where she was saying.

I am headed over to the arena. We are about 10 miles, and unless I get lost, I will post more later. So, if you don't read this, be sure to let me know. So far, no one has indicated they got it.