Monday, October 14, 2024

Reflections the day after

It was a small National, but with all the fun and rewards of some of the larger ones.
 
I got to see so many people I miss all year, and to discuss topics of no great importance with people I respect.
 
All three judges did great jobs. Each was a different style, but the winners were deserving and top quality with such a limited entry. The small class numbers did not diminish the quality and the winners would have won with larger entries.
 
The 9 1/2 hour drive each way wasn't much more time that it takes to fly. The big difference is that not a lot of East coast or central coast dogs were there.  I know Zac came with 25 dogs, so the West coast was well represented.
 
I was pleased to see George and Lin Ferguson and their dog go Select. I loved that dog from the first time I saw him.
 
Candy does such a great job of running the National and Julies keeps the rings moving. I know they get criticized, but for the hundreds who do not say anything, we all appreciate what they do. I missed Bob (the voice of the National) Dressher at the announcer's table, but if I make it next year, perhaps he will come back.
 
So many good friends, such a great job of running a National and now back to the real world with all the happiness, pain, delight and disappointments of my clients.
 
Thanks for letting me platter on from the announcer's table. If I said something you enjoyed, thank you. If I said something that annoyed you, that is not my problem.

Evan L. Ginsburg