Thursday, October 10, 2024

Thursday at the arena

Here I am in the booth high above whatever is going on. I can't even tell who is below us. Tony is here too, but went down to figure out the opening ceremonies which begin in twenty minutes.  It is a bit cold in here and only a few people down below.  Anything I say about who I see is a guess.  There is no sod, and I was told that someone offered to pay for it and refused.  That is just a rumor, and possible not true. But, I do remember one National where I offered to pay for the sod, and was turned down, so maybe it is true.

I see Zac, and I know it is him because he is riding his electric bike. The food booth is open and I tried the hot dogs yesterday and I threw it away. I hate a mushy hot dog. So, if  you ever invite me to your home for dinner, consider Vienna Beef, or even Nathan's hot dogs.  

I don't see anyone for the opening, so maybe it isn't going to go. I guess there are only two clubs.  Tony just told me there were no people for it.  No one is here and they want to start the parade, so no one will be here to cheer them on.  I know I got the Breed wrong because Best of Breed and Best Opposite are males.  Lenny Brown made it a point to come by to say hello. I am off to walk with the Michigan people.

OK, I walked with them and we talked about Lloyd Bracket.  I spent some time with Carmine Battaglia. He is writing a book about 100 years of German shepherds. I feel today like I was there.

Tony and I are back up in the tower, I see Jack is ready to begin. I spent a minute with Jack and Morton and they are ready to go. Tony will feed me the names since I can't see who it is.   Everyone has bibs today  and that should help.

The class is in.  Frontier Wynott Fuel. That's alicia's dog is is David her son.  There is also Braunhous Wilron's Master of Diaster, (great name) with Sophie Brown. There two kids are fantasitc  I see Diane running outside the ring.  

Sherry Moses, (I know it is different now) and Leslie are up here now. First Diaster and Fuel second.  Thank Tony for feeding me what I can't see.

Now the 4-6 puppy bitches.  Nancy McDonald, (I know another new name) I wish these women would stop getting married. It is hard enough for me to remember the old names.

First in is Frontier Wynott Buggoggi Divo  (secnond) actully first is Legasie's Amazing Grace and third is Willron's Cambria's A Ticket to ride Von Braunhouse, and fourth Clayfielf Rocky Oak Bedazzled of Norberge.  Blame anyone except me for the spelling.  I ain't good at speling.  Bill came by and talked about the German shows. I see Liz Oster is ready to go in after the puppies.  I see Jimmy is here now.  

A little rearranging,and once around with Ticket to Ride in front, followed by Amazing Grace, Bedazzled, and Divo.  And Amazing Grace is moved back in front.  And that's how they finish - Amazing Grace, Ticket to Rice, Bedazzled, and Dico.

Next is Best Beginner Puppy; Disaster and Amazing Grace come in ring.  After a quick look, Jack moves Amazing Grace to thr front.  Ance around, and that's how they finish - Best is Amazing Grace and Best Oppostite is Diaster.

And now, the regular classes; first up is 6-9 Puppy Dogs.  First in is Ranbow's End with Maria Oster; next is Remember When; followed by Roaring Lion with Heather Jones; then Walker with Ash Ildfield; and Merlin.  Evin is talked about jobs and people while we are watching individuals.  Not muching the buikding - it's early and not many people here.  We saw Teresa Royer walk by.  But the Announcer's stand is too high and nobody can see us.  I also saw Carmen Battaglia walk up the Parent Club table and talk to them.

Diane Brown stopped in to talk at us, and we talked about her daughter Sophie.  Diane said her daughter is very active in dogs, and keeps Diane young.

OK, last inidivudal just finished, and a quick rearaange, and they finished Rainbow's End; then Walker; then Roaring Lion; and fourth is Remember When.

9-12 is getting ready outside the ring, and the ring stewdart calls them in.  First in is Camaro; then Stroke My Fire; and How do you like me know with Maria Oster.

Linda Bankhead is walking around with matching bright pink boots and bright pink jacket.  Ben Bigornia is walking around.

Jack is halfway through individuals, and we have a handler change for How do you like me now - Maria Oster comes out and Liz Oster comes in.

A little rearranging, and they finish as Stoke my Fire in first, then How do you like me know in second, and Camaro in third.  The fist place puppy dog was the Reserve Winner dog at yesterday's Pre-Show.

Evan again. The excitement here is underwhelming. I don't think anyone is watching.  Hardly anyone is here, and Jack is doing a great job and moving the show. Yesterday there were many breaks, but we are calling for arm bands ahead and it seems to help.

Evan left again to check on Tedi (and Tony back at the keyboard).  Jack brings in the 12-15 Month dog class.  First in is Storm on the Horizon with Nancy McDonald, then Jonny Cash with Katelyn Heiman; and third in is Maelstrom with Liz Oster.  Jack is doing individuals, and seems to know what he is looking for.  Not much noice from the small crowd, but a smattering of applause for Maelstrom as he goes around.  Jack mover him to the front, and that's how they finish:  Maelstrom in first, Storm in second, and Jonny Cash in third.

And the 15-18 Month Dogs come in the ring.  First is Exclusive with Lenny Brown; then Jokic with Scott Yergin; followed by  Nocturne with Brenda Shepard; then Rafa with Zak Hudspeth and last is Cal with Liz Oster.  They haven't started Individuals yet, and Maria Oster comes in the ring to relieve Liz Oster on Cal.  Liz and Maria make a powerful tag-team for handlers.

There's more people here today, but still not much noise from the crowd.  I lot of people walking around saying people to others they haven't seen since the last National.  

Jack is done with individuals, and takes just Exclusive and Nocturne around.  Then he takes just Jokic and Cal around.  After some rearranging, he has Cal then Jokic, then Rafa, then Exclusive, then Nocturne.  He does another Down and back for each.  He checks them again, and sends them around.  And that's how they finish; Cal then Jokic, then Rafa, then Exclusive, then Nocturne.  We have a 15min break before Bitches.  

Evan just bought raffle tickets, and will spend the time writing names on them.  Be back soon.