Friday, October 19, 2007

OPEN Bitches

I love to come early and reflect of what has gone on so far. The ring is quiet as people start to file in. So far the show has been tense, fun, angry, scared, irritated, insulting, happy, blaming, and strange. Under it all is a deep love of the breed, and friendships that will never be changed by transient events. I have seen a lot of misinformation, some fear, and a lot of wrong thinking. But, in the end, the meeting went well, Lew did a great job as the ambassador of our club, and no one got upset. We have a new board, and the problems will resolve themselves.
Today is a new day and it should be fun. Greg Eshett just came by, Gary Szynzyk is walking by, and everyone is working like crazy to make this a good show. I see that DD Ardoin is talking to Bob Kish, and Bob is on the microphone. He has such a good voice, and makes a tremendous announcer. He has been doing it for over ten years. Grace is here with her entry, and I see Bob with a camera on his shoulder, again in shorts. I did get to talk to Maryellen Kish, and I see Carmen is here but not dressed. Lew is in the ring with a load of water, and he has been working every minute so far. I talked to Dean Wylie and congratulated him.
We have a tremendous group of board members for next year. They will find a way to solve the problems left for them, and how to avoid the new ones. Liz Leshhorn and Robert are here, and ready for a dog show. I see a lot of handlers down at the end of the ring, so a dog show can't be far behind.
I read some of the List and realized that I may be exposing myself to what I think too much. I don't audit what I type, so those who wonder how or what I am thinking, now you know. I am not sure that is a good thing, but I have never been a private person. What you see is what you get, and not much else. If you think I am hiding something or trying to present an agenda, by now, you have to realize, not so much.
Tracy Raddigan is here now, talking to Twyla. I did talk to Rick Oslowski, and his back was bothering him, but he is doing better. I am anxious to find out how Kent is doing, but haven't heard yet.
Ray Johnson is by talking about Andy Rhenhosky. What old time memories. Twyla and the Famous Linda Battistoni are talking and I see Sean is here early. There are but a few people here this early, I see Cathy Potter, and there are mostly empty seats as the Open Bitches enter the ring, and I see a couple I like already.
________________________________________________________________________
Bob has the greatest suits, and he is in there with a dark black suit and a blue gray shirt and looks like a judge should look. He keeps in five, and looks them over, and tells them to take a lap. In the first group is Bill, Greg, Georgie, Sean, Grace and Tish. Joan Fox is here and so is Carolyn Martello. Jenn came by to take a picture. The arena is starting to fill, and Don Knight just walked by, and I like the mustache. Bill Bergraf is sitting with us, he is the back-up announcer and he is an interesting person. I think maybe next year we might try to get him back to run again. I see Nicky Bunch came in.
The individuals are done, and Bob is walking down the line and asks to see the first three. I stopped to talk to Bill Leonard.
Now the second group, Ken, Jack, Eric, Cindy an Diane. Jamie Walker just stopped by, and I swear she looks younger this year than ever before. I have to figure out what she is doing. Now the individuals. Ken Tank is out there with his own bitch he owns with Jim and Eddie Hall. She is excited, and seems to love the ring. I know the bitch, and it should be fun to see her move. My opinion? She is being badly over double handled right now. It is hard to know just how much to do. I know she can move. There goes Norma, talking. Linda Bankhead is here and talking to her Mom. Now Jack goes out for the individual.
Paula told me about a T-Shirt that said, "They think I have ADD, but they....Oh look a squirrel." I feel like that at this show. Joe Bahari is here and talking to Georgie's wife. Now Jack with a Frasono bitch. Now Cindi. I see Kathy Tank at ring side, and Liz Leshhorn wants to say hello to Arlene Keller, so there you go. I am so glad to see Liz her, and she seems to be getting better.
Diane Brown is now center ring with Ms B Havin, and doing her thing. I see Bob and Darlene Ghelegi, and they have a son in the area. Darlene just had ankle surgery, but she is getting around. Flower Boy is here, and I heard him before I saw him. I see Tish Walker and I am pleased she won, she will be a great Vice-President. There goes Carole Moore, and I see Bob ring side. JR is wearing an arm band.
Bob is looking over this group of six, and he tells them to take a lap. The place is filing up now.
Joe and Leslie Beccia are here and I know they are having fun. They had the Futurity Victor, if anyone is interested.
Of goes that group, and in comes another. Bob take no extra time, but gives everyone a good look. I sure do miss those who aren't here. I expect to look up and Rita, or Helen, and without Tom it seems different.
Only two absent in Open Bitches and one move-up. This is the last group, six in the class. Debbie Hokanan is here, and has a great jacket on, mostly club colors. I see Libby sitting talking.
IN the ring are Joann, Scottie, Cristy, Jr. and a couple I can't see from behind. The first bitch is a daughter of one of my favorites, Olympus Fire. I think I might have finished her. Diane Brown is walking by. Another of them who never gets older. Ed is here, and wearing overalls as usual. Tiffany Bartley. I just heard that Kent will not be showing for the rest of the weekend. The crowd likes Boogie Wonderland. She is a nice bitch. I was amazed to see Dan Moser here last night, and he is here today. I think he might come back, so now I have to work on Dick Jennings and get him involved. Dick works with me at the law office, and I know he likes the sport. It is time we all got on him.
Another pass, and now that group is almost done, and Scottie takes his bitch to the center line. It is quiet now, and I haven't talked to anyone about the new board. I think it is a great group, and I have hopes for the future.
At the Futurity weekend in California I fell in love with a sable bitch. She is in the ring now, and I think she is a real winner. I don't know what Bob will do with her, but I vote for her as she stands for the individual. Her name is Frankie, a dark sable. There goes Danny Dwier.
Now Bob starts to place them. Scottie, then Christy, (that is my choice) and then Joanne. There they three go, and what a group. Three future champions, for sure. Now the second three. Good ones too. Bob looks them over, and they all stack and he sends the last tow to the far corner, and the other four, to the side, and calls for the first group, and in they come. I see Lauren walking down by ring side, so Scottie must be in this group.
They stack and Bob looks them over, and crosses his arms, they stack and he is laughing about something, and smiles as he looks. Bill Basu lost a show, and Bob takes the first three around. There they go, and I love the quality of these bitches. I like the males too. Hell, I love this breed.
Bill moves Party of One to the front of those three, and now the second group of three.Bob is walking around and then down the line, he weaves and looks at each bitch and move Sean to the front and now Patti, and then Georgie, and says to take those three around. There they go, and Bob sure has no problems find the good ones. I doubt I will ever be able to judge that well. And they line back up, and he looks at each of them head on, and wants to see the first three with the other group, and sends the last three to the corner.
Bud Drew is here now, and now the last group is in there. Ken, Jack, Diane, Eric, and Cindy. There goes Erin Nellis. And three bitches in the ring. Scootie is here with a German Shepherd, talking to Pat, (Scootie, not the dog) and Tiffany. And, now the last three. Bob looks them over, and clasps his hands and stands back and looks again, and he pulls Diane, then Jack, Ken and one more. He takes those four and I like the one Jack is showing but she is pulling too hard. It is Shawnee Kat. That is a nice bitch.
Now, back to the "another day another show" group. Seven with low hopes on their minds. They at this point just want to make the cut, but I doubt they will, and there they go. The first four. Bob says take Me Oh Milee V Kenlyn to the good ones, and there go the last three. And so far there are six, and then there were none, they get to go home for another year. Bob now has eleven.
Sean, Trish Georgie, Scot, Cristy, Joanne, JR, Diane, Ken, and Jack goes into the class. He moves Scott to the front with Crush, and moves the next group of four. Bob is looking them over, and walks towards them, and has his arms crossed, looks at his other group, and looks back and walks closer and closer, and pulls Joanne, then Cristy, (that's the bitch I love) and she is now in third. Now Diane, and then JR. He takes the last four and looks them over as they take another trip, (maybe the last until next year when they are in Specials). He watches them, and now they stack and he pulls them to the end of the line, and looks at them again. He wanted them closer, and he now walks back to look closer and takes Jack and puts him in fourth Ken goes to six, and the rest leave for the day. Now there are ten. All good ones, and some great ones too.
I hear Flower Boy, but don't see him. I see Bill Basu, so he can't be far. There go the doublers, and now the bitches take off. First goes the last four, from the second class.Now another three from his other group, and there goes Sean, Dianne, and Jack. Helen Franklin just came by, and it is great to see her. Moved the second place to fourth, and there goes the first three, with Scottied, Joanne, and Frankie. I don't think there will be much change, but Frankie is now in second. This might be it, she has done what she can with that bitch, cut it isn't over until the Fat Lady sings. I hear the music as they take a lap, and what a line-up.
Down and back, number one Scottie, and a short trip. Now Christy, and they go to the end in that order, and now Joanne, with Boogie Wonderland and still in third, and Sean, with Just Lustig At Heart. Now Jack Shawnee Kat. Now Diane with Ms B Havin, a great one to be in sixth place. What deep quality.
There they go, and I have my heart in my neck and love the second one, but it might be too late. Yes, it isn't over, yet. Bob sets them aside, and says bring the first three out. What great bitches, and says. "Drop the leads." He looks then over and pats each of them and says "Take them back". And he does the same with the last three. And, they set them up again. Bob puts his hand in his pockets and says: "Use the whole ring, one at a time, and tell ;your double handlers to leave them alone, and a loose lead!" There goes the first one. GREAT!
The crowd knows it too. No changes so far, and two to go. They hit that white wall and you heart has to sing. That is it for this pass, and he walks over to them, and looks them over, and says take them all one time. This is it, I think and yes, that's it.
First is Cherry Crush of Oh-My, Second is Eko-Lan's Frankie, Third is Liebchen's Boogie Wonderland, and Fourth is Topbrass Just Lustig At Heart. I expect those first three will be Select within two years.
Now on to dogs.
Evan

No comments: