Saturday, October 20, 2007

Before the Dogs in Specials, in the begging

They are doing Juniors now, and I know I should be announcing it to the Blog. These kids are the future of our breed, but to be honest, I am exhausted and now Ed can tell you how hard this is. I am still soaking wet, and so, maybe next year.
 
Ed took a break. I went down to congratulate Bill Basu, and he is limping but happy. I also got to go hug Carolyn, how wonderful for them and all their friends. A special congratulation to Doris, and what a great day in California.
 
Dave Coleman is laying down and his blood pressure and pulse are fine and he seems better. Someone else went by ambulance to the hospital. I haven't heard about Edie, but I understand she is having a hip repaired, and Kent was in the ring and seems fine. It must be great to be young. 
 
So much drama at a National. So many stories, so many dreams, and so much that goes right, and so many things that go wrong. In the end we go home with a happy heart, a love of the breed, and the memories of a great week. Life continues no matter what happens at the dog show, and somehow, it makes it all worth doing again.  A day at the National is better than the other 365 it takes to get back.
 
I spent some time with Lew and haven't talked to Gary or Patty yet. I tried to talk to Frasonos but they are busy, and I didn't spend enough time with Bob Eaton or Dave Rinke, but maybe tonight. Jane Kerner and Jeff Mobeaus are getting some dogs ready so I am leaving them alone, and I know they will be in the ringside. I did get to sit with Pam Stoessor but not enough. There never is enough time.
 
I did talk to Bill Burgraff all show, and met his wife and daughter.  I also met his grandaughter, but she didn't talk to me. She is the smartest of them all.
 
Carmen it still judging and there goes Peggy Douglas.  People seem to be having a good time and lots of laughs and hugs now.
 
More to come.
 
 
 
Evan 
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together




See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

No comments: