Friday, October 19, 2007

OPEN Dogs

The dogs are in there, and now the fist group. And they are still marking them in, and now Carmen is doing the individuals, Georgie is out there. There goes Sue Wylie, and I see Ileana talking to Liz Sottile. Carmen is talking to Bob Grady and now Tiffany is in the middle now. Bob Eaton is here now, and I see Richard Sottile talking to Bob Freeny. I just heard Leslie's puppy got loose in the plane, but was waiting for someone when they opened the door. He wagged his tail and came to the first person who was unloading the luggage. Oak is walking by now, still thinking of when he was in front.
I see Norma is talking now, and Tedi is watching the show. Pat Ayres is talking to Joan Fox, and now Linda comes up for a hug. I see Bobbie Kindy talking to Ed and Ed is working the crowd. I was told that this would be Ed's last assignment at the national, and I said bull! He looks strong. Terrie Kreidler came to talk to us and continues to do great work in rescue, and we thanked her.
Back to the dog show. Down and back. More of the same. The last class in regular classes and then some strange stuff too. There goes Eric Norby. Donna Calabresse is ring side, and I see Leslie too, and they are both in black, I think on purpose. Laura Gilbert came by, but she was looking for Jean Whalen. There goes Dave Rinke. They continue to go around. There goes Cappy, and I see Dave Coleman waking by. Cappy is coming up to talk to us. Don Knight came by and talked to me. I like that.
And there is more going on in the ring. I have lost interest, so I need to get back to the show.
Carmen has his first group done, only 14 in the class. He moved Tiffany into the fourth place in the first group and now takes the second group around. Now doing the individuals. Suzy Whitmore is here talking to Leslie. I went to get a hot dog, and nothing new is going on. Dan Smith came by and I got to say hello to Dave Fritche. There goes Ray Johnson, and the dogs continue to go around the ring after the individuals. I see Jack Newton and Tedi came by to say hello. I always like it when she talks to me at a show. We called for Kay Reimenschneider, and she didn't come here.
I was just told that Kent is still at the hospital as soon as I hear something, I will let you know.
Now this group is done, and they are waiting for the last dog to make the pass. Eric is taking his time, but has a nice dog, so we don't mind. Now Carmen is looking at the faces, each dog as they are stacked and walks down the line. He takes less than a second on some, and a little longer on others, but just a glance. Now he walks to the front, and tells Ken to take him around, and there he goes. One of his own dogs. Each one, now, one at a time and Carmen watches then all the way around. Everyone gets a good long look. Jamie Walker came by for just a howdy.
I see Dania is here now, and Dan Moser is talking to Bob Freeny. Now JR, and the crowd likes him, that is Twyla's dog, so one I like. There goes Pan O'Dell. Leon Breau is going by, and there goes Danny Dwyer. Carmen is talking to two handlers and puts them back in their group, and now goes to the front, and looks in the eyes and walks down the line and looks each of the dogs again, directly in the face. Now, back to the front and give direction to Georgie and Scottie, who take off and take a pass, the fist three, with Lennie as well. He tells them to stop and now he takes the next four. And there are three left, and now they stack them. Georgie in front, then Morris, Scottie, Ken, JR, Lennie and Eric. Those are the top ones, according to Carmen. Then Cristy, Tiffany and he takes the other five around. HE watches them, but doesn't look happy, and he moves over to them and pull out All Martin, and send the other four to dream land.
Now there are 10.
Carmen moves Georgie into number one, where he was, each goes down and back and Morris in second. The Scottie, still in third. Now Ken, and a bit of noise for him, and Carmen sends him over to the land of "dreaming about Winner's Dog At The National." Now JR, and over to Best of Dump. Now Lennie, and he takes a bit of time, and stays with the keepers, and now Eric. The crowd either doesn't care any more, but Eric goes to the same part of town, and Cristy joins them. Now Tiffany, and in a bright pink jacket, (I have now stooped to fashion statements). Last is Al and he is thrilled to be there, I am sure.
Ken Downing is talking to Ed, and telling him how to judge, I am sure.
Carmen goes over to the ones left, and stands back and tells JR to go to the front, then Georgie, Scottie, Morris, Eric, Chisty, Ken, Tiffany, Al, and Lennie. Twyla might go all the way, she is probably having a panic attack. It has been a long time since her Number Two Select Dog.
They now take off, and I have lost it, there is JR, Eric, and Christy, and maybe they are a second group, not the first. The fist group seemed to be Morris, Scottie and Georgie, with Georgie in second.
There go another four. I guess Morris is in front, then Georgie, Scottie and JR. He gestures to Morris, and says, "Bring out the first four to stand loose. He backs up and now say bring the rest and let them stand loose. No, he says take them around one at a time, the rest are standing in the middle of the ring. I am confused, and now he says something to the rest of them, and they stand facing us. Carmen takes Georgie by himself, and I guess he wants each of them alone one time.
Each makes a pass. I don't think they know what is going to happen yet, but I think they are going to stay the way they are. In the words of Ed Barritt, "What do I know?"
Ann Schultz is walking by and there goes Teri Miles Green, and Jen Root.
The last dog takes his pass, and Carmen stops looking and says, bring them to the center and leave them on a loose lead, the first three. He looks them over and walks around looking at them, and walks a circle around the group and moves Georgie to the front, then Scottie, and the Morris. Now the next three. Carmen walks a circle around the three and goes back and forth looking at them and moves Christie to the front of the three.
Now back in the line and he stands back to look then over, and walks down the line, and gives them all a look, and gestures them back, and they are at half ring and there goes the entire class, and this should be it. That's it.
First is Mattrace's Affirmed, Second is Keylis Bloomsberry's In Thyme, Third is Brownhill- Kysarahs Leonardo, and Fourth is Kota's Independence of OV.
Flower Boy is causing a stir, Bob Eaton came to say hello, Nancy Hubble, I see Pam Stoesser, and Kevin Renolds is walking about. There goes Jack and no one seems to know the schedule and when Winner's Dog and Bitch will be? We are working on finding out.
Evan

No comments: