Monday, October 22, 2007

WDS Results

WDS Results


The first AKC German Shepherd WDS event is now in the books. The big winner was Wayne Curry, with his dog Wilson. They had a 99 track, which was beautiful. I think he had 98's in the other two phases. High scoring female went to Lori Cruiser with Nykee (like Nike). She had a 100 pont track.
:o wow!!!

Tim Cruiser, the trial chairperson, did an excellent job. He put the exhibitors at ease and took good care of us all week.

In the crowd, at various times, I saw Kent Boyles, Suzanne Kinman, Dalene McIntire, Joe Bihari, Cindy Bartley, Lew & Nicky Bunch, Vicki Roye.....and our obedience judge, Dr. William Beauchamp.....and I'm sure many more I just can't recall right now.

My obedience and protection were far better than my tracking. (thank goodness!) Helen and I were paired together for obedience. Funny was a bit down, but came back to life in protection. I was very happy with Zena's run b/c we had nice heeling. She had learned to heel very badly in her
former life, and we finally got it fixed! :)

Bear' s owner donated the last trophy he won to wds HIT. It was
gorgeous,
and real silver - not silverplate. Lea relayed the story to me, and I
explained it to Tim. He wanted to ensure that the winner
understood the
signifigance of this donation, so we asked Lew to speak about
when it was
presented.

Pretty cool.

Now we are on our very long drive home -- exhausted, happy, a little disappointed, but fired up for the next time. So far, it appears we have escaped the weather. (I was a little worried this morning)

Linda
Legato German Shepherds