Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Second posting on Tuesday

Now, on with the 12-18 class.  There are six in the class, and either I am in a good mood, or they are all great puppies.  I see Cindy Tellefson talking to Gail Hardcastle. They both look good, and seem to be getting younger.  My toes and nose are cold. I think that means I am healthy, or maybe that is only with dogs.
 
I got to hug Iza so now my national is full. I did talk to Christine Granger and I have to go see if she likes how Markie looks now.   Tedi is talking to Linda Kury and Carolyn Martello. It is good to see them, and the judging goes on.  I do see Pam Stoessor, and I need to take a break and go say hello. I will be back. Come to think of it, you won't know the difference.
 
Now some noise as Tiffany goes to the front, then Kent and Lenny, now it is Liz, Tiffany, Lennie and Kent,a nd off they go. There they go a sable in front and second, and four good ones. He got the best up front. Now Liz, Lennie, Tiff and Kent, and Liz has him posed and he stands like a statue, and there they go, the crowd likes that one. And so do I.  Lennie's is working too had, and then settles down,a nd I see Rita is looking close, and Kent moves up to third.  Bob instructs them and Liz in front, Lennie, Kent and Tiff, and the last two stand back and there go the four, Liz, Lenny, Kent and Tiffany.  Bob looks closely at them and smiles and there is some growling, and that is what the smile is about and Bob moves Kent to second and there they go again.  Liz still in front and a full 20 foot lead loose on the one in front and Bob watches and tells them to slow down.  Of f they go slow, Liz is in front and lets him all the way out, and that's it, Liz, Kent, Lenny and Tiffany.
 
Now, on to Novice dogs.  Just Kent with Knaufhills Under Fire, and HE WON!  He was the only one in the class.  I saw Mary Ellen Kish and Bob and talked to them a bit. They are into herding and she was running in the cold all yesterday, but still looks fantastic.  I see Sharon Avery is talking to Bob. 
 
JR with Sunfarm Black Mask Cantar, then Georgie with Windborn's One N Only of Edan and last is Olivia with  Inflight's Trouble With a T and Al with Saljela's Enrique of Yarmork..  Jane Kerner is here, and I have to go say hello.  I think Jane may be my favorite person, she is at least in the top ten.  Carole Moore just came to sit in front of us.  I had to ask Leslie if that was Olivia. She has turned into this beautiful young woman.  She has a splash of blonde hair in the front of a short brown hair cut.  That was a shock.
 
Mostly talking going on now, and Leslie is in a great mood, and Don is talking on the phone and we won't let him do so in peace. The dog Olivia has is a good looking sable and is in the middle.  Don was talking to Cappy and they are here.  Evidently they are at the Host. Mallissa Chavez is here with us and she is so cute. I feel so old. Leslie and her are talking and the judging goes on.
 
It is Al, then Georgie, JR and Olivia.   That's the American Bred class. On to Open.  I see Jimmie and he looks younger for some reason. 
 
In comes Lennie with Shadyrock's Andalusa Tango, then Kent with Lindehil's Machu Piccnu and someone who I can't name with Woodside's CK Wall Street.  I just took Steve and Christine to go see Markie. They said they liked her, but they are so nice, what else could they say?
 
Bob is doing his thing, he has Kent in front then the other handler and in last is Lenny and that's the way they are going to go.  On to the Winner's class.
 
Bill Bergraff did put me at the announcer's stand. It is behind the reserved seats and we have to use a ladder to get up there. But, I am not that old and I think I can get up and down it a few times. What a group in front of me. Rita, Tedi, Jane Kerner and Pam Stoesser. Behind me is Leslie, Donna and Bobbie's wife, and Fran Ford and Don Knight beside me.  Now, that is one great group of people and the reason I keep going to the Nationals.
 
I have to admit I am partial to the 12-18 dog with Liz, Pocket Full of Gold. A real class sable, but there are other good ones in the ring.  It is Kent, Al, Lenny, Liz, JR, and Jamie Klute. Louie just came by and doing well.
 
They line up and Bob looks them over.   It isn't very exciting right now, but maybe it is too cold. It is about 50 in here, and while no ice, it is a bit cool for me.  Down and back,a nd Bob looks hard at them as they stand free when they get back.  Sharyll Brockett is doubling JR's dog and now Liz. Some applause for her dog, evidently I am not the only person who likes that dog. He stands perfectly and does impress me.  JR's dog in downa nd back and then Jamie.   Bob goes tot he front, gives some direction and off they go with Kent in front.  No, he says one at a time, and Kent takes him slow. There is a white side to the ring and so you can see a perfect outline.  There goes Al, and his dog has a good look to him. Lennie has a large stallion male, doesn't want to settle down, but then does.  Next is Lis., There she goes and yes, this is a crowd favorite, loose lead, slow and perfect timing.  It would be easy for me, but no one asked me. Jr has a good one, but he has the lead tight.  Now Jamie, and he takes him slow on a short lead.  Then they all stand. 
 
Liz to the front. That seems like an easy call and Bob wants to see the Open dog again, and there goes Liz and Kent.Boy does Liz show on an open lead and makes it look easy.  Bob stops the two of them and looks them over standing from the front, and Kent and liz make them stand and Kent's seems up a bit, but stands well. Bob goes to the vaqck and tells them to take another pass with Kent in front. And there they go, and good handling both dogs. And, Kent takes it with Shadyrock's Andalusa Tango. That is a nice dog, but not a crowd favorite.  Reserve is going to be between the second Open Dog and the sable, and the sable gets it, Reserve is Adelhund's Pocket Full of Gold.
 
Tomorrow is another day for that dog, and I will look forward to seeing him again.
 
Lunch break.
 

 
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together