Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Third try from Ohio, after bitches

Bob did a great job, and now on to the bitches. I went to the lunch area and they had something called the giant Texas steak. I don't know what it was but it included a pig and a hammer, lots of grease and a bun that covered 1/10 of it.  It actually was good, if not the worst thing a person could do for their body.
 
In the ring is Georgie first with Lyoak's Isn't She Lovely, then second is a handler I don't know with River Rock's Straight From The Heart, Jeff with Kaleef Hollow Hill's Shalimar, then Liz with Marquis' All I Ever Wanted.  Jimmy and Sharee are double handling, and the crowd seems to have grown. 
 
Vickie got all dressed up for the show, and looks like I remember her from years ago.  Why am I the only person geting older. Somehow it doesn't seem fair.  I think a lot of people will be coming in tonight, since the seats are about half empty.  Now she is done with the individual and these are very pretty bitch puppies.  There they go, Georgie in front, then the next, then Kent. Only three the first pass.  Seems to be more doubling for bitches, then Jeff and Liz.  I see Linda Bankhead Bankhead is taking to Tedi.
 
Now she moves Liz to third, and it is George, Kent and Liz.  Then the last two take a pass.
 
I talked to Bill Bergraff at lunch and he said they are talking about two shows on Tuesday before the national.  We will have to see how they do with this one.
 
Vickie takes them down and back again, and looks hard at the first two and leaves them, then goes down the line.  Now they set up, and she looks them over, takes the first two and tells them to take one in front then the other.  Only one absentee in the class.
 
If you go on the video, you can pull up a catalog.  I went to see it, but it was just a video of the empty ring. Not that exciting.  Jimmy has a whistle and very loud.  Kent has his bitch and Sheree is working the other side of the ring.  She has the same whistle.  It seemed to work, Kent is in front and the bitch seems crazy for the whistle.  She won. It is Kent, George, Liz and the handler who I will try to meet later on.
 
In front of me are Tedi, Rita and Linda. They are eating carrots.  I know there is a meaning to that, but I can't figure out what it might be. I just finished eating a flat, breaded, greasy disk of pork.  That must have some meaning.
 
First is Nancy McDonald with Long-Peak Chantilly V Windsong, then Kent with Stonebrooks Jackie O and Tiffany with Liberty's Work of Art.  Only three in the class.  The footing still looks good. Tiffiny goes to the the front, it is Tiffiny, then Nancy and Kent, and that's the way it goes.
 
First is Cindy Tellefson with Mariner's Rhyme of Shadow Acres, the JR with Steppenwind Dg V Cantar, then Jody with Fonseca's Serendipity and Tiffiny with Joelle's Aramist Tanbark's Kia and Steve Granger with Hickory Hills Electra.   It is amazing how well Steve does. I do wish I could go back in the ring, but alas, I am too old and never was that good to begin with. 
 
Larry Parks just called to say he saw us on the video. I went on line and it comes up great. Thanks to Bill Burgraff and to LanaLee who is working the board. It is clear and in real time. As a matter of fact more fun to watch on the video than in person. Of course I have the sound here, and that helps. It is going to be great in Specials.
 
I got carried away watching the video, and so the winners were first was Steve, then second was JR, third Cindy and Fourth Tiffiny. 
 
Now we have the American Bred Bitches in there and I see ten on them.  First is Sylvain from Canada, with Stonewall's Dirty Look, then Georgie with Lyloak's Fresca, next is Arial with Earsup Hot Ta-Molly of Rallyn, then Nick with Kansten's Evanescense, an unknown but pretty young girl with Rosewood's Ginger Punch, Nancy with Yoncalla's Soul Survivor V Mervern, Kent with Kaleef's Kellie V Kenlyn, Bill Tank Witnh Ken-Delain's Lyzza Jane and Joanne with Tanbark's 2Muchbling Joelle Aramist.  Any mistakes blame on Cappy who came by to kiss me and got me all excited.
 
I stopped typing for a while and went to talk to my people. What is interesting is that everyone might see what is going on.   Amy Riely is here and was talking to Richard Sottile. 
 
There go the first group, Silvane, George Ariel Nick Federow and the cute girl.  Now, Nancy, Kent, Bill and Joanne.  The crowd seems more into it now, and this is a nice class and not going to be easy to judge.  Joanne's bitch is really streached out.  Now Ariel, the cute girl, Nancy and Bill.  Back to the first five.  The crowd likes Nick's bitch. 
 
I missed the show, but first was Kent, then second was Sevane, third was George and fourth was Joanne.
 
Leslie is bitching and listening to her talk to Sandy is more fun than the show itself.  Evidently Leslie has pictures of a bunch of them drunk, and is going to try to get some money for them.
 
Open bitches is an unknown but cute girl with Lindhill's Voodoo Charm, then Kent with TR-Ros Elysia V Anne-Isle, Jeff with Shadyrock's Polonaise, Lenny with Rising Sun's Whisper, Georgie with Woodsides Jada V Stoneyway, and Nick with Shadyrock's Cotillion.  Helen Gleason is talking to us now, and the judging goes on.
 
Nick goes up front then Lenny, the girl and Kent.  There they go and Nick gets it. On to winner's bitch. 
Vickie is working with them, and they have all gone around and she is taking them down and back.  Not much crowd reaction at all. Tedi, Rita and Jane are a covy in front of me. I don't like that they are laughing that much.  I think there might be some evil planning going on.  I think everyone is bored, at least there is nothing going on.  Some noise for the 12 - 18 bitch, Striptease.  Nothing for the rest, so far. Now Pam Stoesser has joined the group up front, and it might get even more intense. It makes me nervous.
 
Vickie stands back to look at her seven winners and walks to the front and moves Kaleef's Kellie V Kenlyn to the front, and that's the Winner's Bitch.  I like the second one, an all Black, and she is a real picture posed.  I would love to judge her.  She goes down and back.  She goes to the front, and there they go, the Reserve is Stonewall's Dirty Look. That is the black and she is a very nice bitch.
 
I will send this, then on to Specials.
 
Terry Rock is behind me, and there goes the 12-18 class.  First is Jeff with Hickory Hills Bow Chica Wow Wow, then Kaleef's Mega Hertz Campeon Tangaree and last is Jodi h Belanger with Woodside's Sheza Rich Girl. I did see Sandy Anderson, but we were heading in the other direction. I will have to talk to her later.  It is amazing how quiet it is in here, and maybe this is how they do shows in Ohio.  It has warmed up a little in here now, but it is still cold.  Richard Sottile is talking on his phone, and is also watching the show. 
 
If you don't like this posting, then let me know and I will change before the National begins.  Tony Zzunka, (I gave up spelling his name years ago) is at the announcer's table, where Bob and I will spend the rest of the show.  I like the arena now that I am used to it. It is big, and maybe not as fancy, but the folliards look good, the booths are at ringside so the vendors can actually watch the show.
 
Vickie goes down the row to check temperament, then moves Jodie to second and takes them around again, and that's the way it will be, Jeff, Jodie and then Lenny.
 
Joanne comes in with Mari-Fiori's Black Eyed Susan, JR with Shadow Acres Striptease Encore-Cantar, Suan with  Leslie with Sharo-Ark Hearts On Fire, Kent with Tazman's Ariel, Jeff with Foxhaven-My Joy Good Girl Suan with Tara's Premionition of Edan and someone I don't' know with Woodside's Las Vegas. The reason for the confusing typing is I have no one to help me look, my eyes are not that good, and there is a handler I don't know.  Joanne has a sparkle jacle, and is the fanciest handler in the ring.
 
The crowd is either bored or tired.  Karen Taylor is ringside with Sandy Anderson.  They are double handling Las Vegas.  He might be at Karen's for conditioning.  I know the Ebertins do use Karen for that.  Some applause for Leslie,a nd there are some good bitches in there.  This may be too much dog show for one week.  I liked what Bob did, and I always enjoy Vickie.   I bought a catalog, OK, I bought two of them, one for Tedi and see ten specials so there is some good stuff coming up.
 
Lorraine came by from Washington, she is showing Annie in Open at the National.   I see Channing Sheets is here now, and more people are starting to show up. I see Bob Moor ringside, and the crowd likes the bitch JR is showing.  Now, each down and back as Vickie goes down the line.  Eight very pretty bitches.  Helen Lionopilis is sitting in front of me now and will yell at me for using that name.  AKA Helen Gleason.  Now she can't chew me out.  No matter how much I might enjoy it.  Vickie moves Jimmy to second and Jeff to third and Leslie is in fourth.  So far, Joanne is Best Of Dump.  And there go the first four, with JR in front.  Then Kent, Jeff and Leslie.  And they go just like that.
 
On to Novice. DD came by to ask Don who won.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together