Thursday, November 06, 2008

12-18 Bitches

12-18 Bitches
Thanks to sitting with Tony, I did figure out how to send the last class, and how to find a new screen. This is not easy stuff for an official old person.
Michele came by to say good morning and he looks great in a black suit and purple tie and light purple shirt. I may try to buy the tie when he is done.
The 12-18 dog class was unbelievable, and if the bitches are half as good, it is going to be a show to remember. I am sorry for all who are not here. 14 in the class and every handler, it seems. Only four absent. I saw Jen and I was disappointed to hear Ron isn’t here, I wanted to say hello. Karen Taylor is here behind us, Not only is this a great place to watch, but also to hear people yelling in our ears.
They took two passes around and this is a big ring for that, but we got to see them all. Some real movers in there.
Sam Isreal is behind us watching, and Tedi is talking to Flower Boy. Laurie Pruitt isn’t here, and now Michael takes them all together again, and tells them to stop over there. He has his arms folded and watches them take off, leaving lots of room, Pattie in front, and then Michael turns to watch them against the white wall. The footing is a bit loose, the sod is over the cement of the ice rink.
He calls the first group, and it is clear, he is trying to move faster with the judging. I thought Michael and Cappy did as good a job as could be done, they both had top quality. Now Michael does the individual temperament test, and sets up the first bitch for an individual, with Patti and La Dee Dah. There are some great names here too, and Ann Thompson came by with a horn in her hand. Lenny is talking to the crowd from inside the ring. Sue Godek just got here and is looking for her seat. It is quiet and Norma Handsburg said hello from home, she isn’t here. Bud Drew is talking to Twyla.

Jeff is out there with a nice sable, Remington. I haven’t seen Fred yet, and I hope he is coming, the national has some people that just are part of the experience. I do like the style of that bitch. And, she can move.
This is going to be a long day anyway, and I do want time to smooze, but so far, the judges have kept us busy. Michael Cheeks is back in the stands, he does a good job in the ring as well. But, what blew me away is how may entries the Fasanos have, and the high quality of their entries. Carolyn Martello Is in the stands behind me, and I saw Frank last night as we were leaving. We went to the grocery store and got some frozen dinner and used the microwave in the room. Tedi and I are such party animals.
Art Sinclair in there with Remington, and bitch I have liked for a long time in California. And they all stack. He says again, and let the lead down. And there they do. The next group is now set up. I see Bill Leonard across the ring, I have to talk to him. I always enjoy his position on stuff. Carolyn Martello just came in with Bobbie Kindy, two of the best people. I have a picture of three of my favorite people next to my desk at work, Carolyn, Tedi and Jane Kerner. It is such a great picture with a light behind them giving them halos. I know it was meant for two of them. I see Jack and Maryloo Newton onf the other side of the ring, I do have to stop over and get some stuff for the kids back at the office. I give Dick Jennings a Red Book every year. Maybe I can get him to the national in a couple more years. Let’s work on him for Ohio. Bob Eaton is talking to everyone and the show is going on. Georgie has a nice bitch on a real loose lead, Do Not Pass of Eadan. I guess some people will be here Saturday, and there are so many that aren’t here, and without Kathy Tank, it just isn’t a national. I need to talk to Ken about that. Terry Rock came to talk to us, and is talking to Bob Dressher, (the voice of the national), and changing some of the stuff ro the parade of champions.
Debbie Hokanan is sitting with us now, and talking about the Foundation, and everyone knows how I support that organization. I did talk to Peter a bit, and know there will be another big party.
Jimmy is in the ring with Pantera, I didn’t notice her before, and will watch her. She is a Bronson daughter, and he sure does put the pretty on the girls. YES!
These five line up and Michael walks to the front and now down the line and tells them one time around, with Bill Tank, Georgie, Cindy, Tiffany and Jimmy. If you need last names, you need to show up at more nationals. I haven’t seem Paula yet.
The bleechers are metal and when the double handlers run across them, it sounds like thunder. Now another time around, “stop over there”. I have picked my winner again. I love what Tiffany is showing, 2muchbling.
Now the second, or the first group. The other one. A couple of good ones, but I will go out on a limb and say the winner will be from the first group, unless Bellagio does it. She is a star.

OK, I can’t upset Jane any longer. It was Last Harrah that I got the wrong name of. I still don’t remember his call name, or what I did wrong, (shut up Paul), but so far, that and Diesel are the stars of what I have seen. They will be my memories if I go insane today. I don’t know if anyone will notice the difference.

Iza is walking by, and playing with her dog who is with Lennie and being doubled by Donna. Don’t we all miss Leslie, and I can’t wait to see her in Ohio. When Iza runs, everyone listens. The crowd likes that bitch, Amy, she sure can move, and her name is Amarulo, so watch for her later on in the post. The last bitch is in there,a nd Kristy has her stacked. Michael goes over her back and she regrooms her.
I saw Christine and Steve Granger. If he keeps on working out, he can run for governor of California. Dave Coleman is here to talk to Debbie and Bob Grady has a lime green jacket and is here talking to us. That is the third group and there are a couple of stars there. And off they go for another lap. Don’t we all miss Tom and his loud voice. Michael looks at his notes and starts to pull, La Dee Dah, Pursuit and Remington,a nd the others take another lap, and Michael walks to watch and keeps moving and checks his notes, and they stop, eh goes o the front, and pulls Little Red Corette, Do Not Pass Go and Pantera, (Jimmie’s bitch), and there go the last four. And they stop, he checks his notes and looks at them,a nd looks from one end to the other and pulls Amarulo and lets the rest go over to the wall and asks those seven to take a lap before they get to rest. There they go, some good ones left, and everyone is trying, but not enough, and off they go looking forward to Ohio in 2009.
Then there were seven, still in order. He walks to the front of the group, and now walks down the line stopping at each bitch. He takes time to look them over,and seems to be looking at the fronts, and yes, he goes in front of each bitch, and now back to the center of the ring, and there they go, Patty, Jeff, Art, Bill, Georgie, Jimmie and Lenny.
Now he starts to place them, but excuses Remington. Now he works the first three, still all in catalog order. He puts his hands on the first bitch and on the third, feeling the shoulder layback, I think.

Pattie, Jeff and Bill, a group if very nice bitches, but two sables, and all good movers. In front is La Dee Dah, and now the second group of three, Georgie, Jimmie and Lenny. Michael looks at them, and moves to the back to look and now goes to the front and looks at each of them down the line, and off they go. Georgie takes the lead, Jimmie is right behind on a loose lead Lenny in back but closing fast. And the stop.
Six. He pulls Georgie to third, Jimmie to fourth and Patti stays in front, with Lenny behind. And he wants them to go easy. This is a group from which picking would be hard. WOW what a voice behind me for Lex. Jimmy to third. And he sets them back except for two, and down and back for La Dee Dah and Pursuit. I think La Dee Dah is going to win it, but lots of miles to go before she sleeps. And she takes a lap by herself, and the crowd wakes up, but not too loud. This now is Lex, Pursuit, and she is popular too, but not anything unusual. Sort of quiet. I think there is a lot of changes to be made.

Now Jimmie with Pantera. There he goes, and some applause, I do like her too. No real crowd favorites yet, and now George with Do Not Pass. Thunder from the stands from running, but no one seems excited for any one yet. Bill Tank with Little Red Corvette. Now Lennie with Bellago. The crowd does like her.

And they all stack up, still six. There they go, the whole group, and Michael is watching and walking and YES, that’s the way it is, first La Dee Dah, second Pursuit, third is Pantera, and fourth is Little Red Corvette.
New class coming in.