Thursday, November 06, 2008

American Bred Dogs

AMERICAN BRED DOGS
Now we have a dog show. Twenty five in the ring, and only two absent. What a sight that is, and Cappy is talking to Karen Wagner and I just fell in love with a dog named AJ Von Hornberger. He just took a pass to talk to his owner.
Cappy is doing the individuals, she has them each brought to her, and has them stop and stand on a loose lead. A few a little soft, but she does a good job, and seems to know a sound one, even if they look around. She does them all and now brings them to our side of the ring. The class filled one side of the arena. Some great looking studly type dogs.
I want to mention Bob Lindsey. I can’t imagine how hard he works and stands about two feet in front of me the whole show. He is making comments on the tape too, and never wavers. First out is Dream Love Bear. A good looking young dog, and knows what to do. He is too wound up, but there is time to go.
Now Be My Valentine. A very dark dog, and very dark eyes, with a great look. I don’t know the handler, but she knows what she is doing.
Carolyn comes out now with Klingon Commander Ube. I always liked Carolyn and has a great sense of humor.
In there is an all black, Keep It in Vegas. I wonder if that dog was named after OJ?
Next is Liz with Hot Shot. A good moving dog, and well trained. He hugs the wall.

Another almost all black, and what a nice body type. Congo of Vanderwerth. Molly’s dog.
Mick has a deep bodied dog, and well proportioned. The name is Killian. He is owned by Kathy Potter, and I didn’t see her here, and I will check to see if I can find her.
I am alone at the table with the O&O, and she wants everyone to know she is doing just fine. She looks great, and has all her sense of humor. So, don’t worry about her.
In the center is a nice looking dog, Jett Jackson, and Color Guard son. I like his size, and markings.
Up next is Ray Bearone, and I already said how much I like that dog. The last time I saw him he had more coat, and he still have a good looking style. Great attitude.
Cappy looks a bit serious, but I know she takes this very seriously. When she takes them down and back, she is about two feet in front of me, and so I get to see what she sees. She looks like she could do this all week, which is good, since she will be.
Scottie brings in Pit boss, and another with black black eyes, and looks like he might mature even more, but looks good now. There is a dog that can cover the ground.
Jeff takes Paso Doble to the middle, and a very dark Bi-color, in my opinion. I never know what a bi is supposed to be unless we are in West Hollywood. But, I digress. About 20 feet of lead, and he uses it all.

Next trying to win it all is Key Largogh. Seems so many of these dogs have dark dark faces and eyes that fit right in. Great head on that dog, and moves with a lot of ease. The crowd likes him.
Cindy has in the ring Black Angus, and that is a well named dog. A little white on the chest, (not all dogs are dyed) and otherwise, mostly black. I always have liked how Cindy handles, and that dog looks good against the white wall.
Miguel has Son and Heir, and knows how to show him, looking good.
Ariel takes 5 O’Clock Somewhere for Cappy to look over. I liked him yesterday, and hope he looks that good today. She takes him down and back again. I do love the looks of that sable. The crowd does like him.
Jack is up next. It is good to see him, and I did get to say hello earlier. He has Armstrong. I know the dog, and always felt he was a good masculine dog. Cappy tells him to give her a loose lead and slow. The crowd is behind this dog too, and he sure can cover the ground.
Lenny has AJ Von Hornberger. That is how a shepherd should be proportioned. Great looking head and ear set, and what we should be breeding for in type and style, and he can move.
Hot Tamale is up. I heard about this dog, and he is one I wanted to see, even if I can’t understand his owner’s accent. (A private joke). He is with Geoge, and is fired up, and groomed to perfection. Cappy asked Bob if he got the coming and going and off he goes. On a loose lead he opens up, but he may be trying too hard now, but more to come.
I like the size of Play it Again, he sure is well put together. I don’t know the handler, a nice young man, who does a good job. Another of those that is distracted, but when he gets it together, looks good.
Jimmie has Fabio in the ring. I have good thoughts of that dog, he is one of the great ones, and as I remember him, moved well. Yes, now that I get to see him again, he is a smooth steady worker.
Kristy brings Cappy Des Bearado. Frank and Kris must be working eery minute. Another classic German shepherd type of entry, with black eys in a dark face.
Four more to go, and then the work begins. People are very quiet, and nothing going on outside the ring.
A young man takes in Ark Ace High, another of those dark dogs, who is too wound up for this day. He does fine, but will mature to more than he is today. His handler is learning, but did a great job on the individual. The crowd is behind that dog, and a good worker.
Olivia has Draco in the ring, and Leslie was listed, and we all miss her at this show. A standard black and tan, and lots of style. Olivia is giving directions outside the ring, and has to start over, to settle down the dog. She changes the color, with a command, takes the long pass, and a very loose lead.
Kent has BB Cody. One more of those very dark dogs. Cappy is still looking strong, but it is turning into a long day. They call for Cody, and Kent is laughing, and takes him around. Cappy takes him down and back the other way, and is laughing too. Kent lets him take off,and he is too up. I don’t know if Cappy saw him, if so, only a few steps, but good ones.
Diane Brown takes the last one, I Walk The Line in there for Cappy. The temperature in here is good, if not a bit cold, which is good for the dogs and the handlers. I like the substance of this dog, lots of bone, and body. She is having trouble slowing him down, but he looks good at a slow speed.
She is done with individuals.
Cappy walks down the line, it is half the ring and around the end. She takes the first five. And divides the rest. I like the movement on one of the first group.
The second group and in that group, Cappy stops them and has them start over. I think she wants them to hug the wall, since she says that to them. One in that group that I like in movement. Of course I am only seeing sidegait.
Now the third group. Three in that group I like.
Next group. I still haven’t seen Grace, BFFL of Paula. There goes the group, and four of them are great movers.
The last five are up. I think I am going to like a couple of them, and there they go. Three of them would win under me. Not that there is much value to that. I even put up a dog owned by Flower Boy one time.
The first group is set up, and Cappy goes over to the rest and gives direction. She wants to see them around together and Ross leads, with all women behind him. I think he likes that. Cappy tells them to stop and she walks over to them and tells them how she wants them to show.
She sets two aside and takes six together. Cappy looks them over and talks to Mike with Killian and also Ray Barone and Paso Doble and puts them aside and dismisses the rest. Now I know what is going on. That is not normal for me.
The next group of five. Four dogs off to my right, and I would think they are the keepers. Certainly I saw two that I liked, and didn’t remember who the others were.
There they go, and they come to a stop. Cappy walks over to them and looks at them, and back and forth, and tells them all to take another pass. I don’t think any of them blew her away, and she wants to be sure. But I am just guessing. Capy looks and pulls Armstrong,and the other four stand, and Ariel missed her, but she also called for 5 O’Clock Somewhere. Jack told her. Those three take time out for that part of today,
And another five. I think this is the group that I was impressed with. Cappy is waiting and they want the double handlers in place and there they go. Yes, this is the group I liked all five. She keeps Play it Again Lin-ter and Fabio. She looks again at the other three, and gives everyone a good chance.She lets Lenny go and keeps Des Bearado and Fabio.
Last group, last chance for these four. I see two I would keep, but it is up to Cappy. She excuses Ark Ace High and is looking at the other three, Olivia, Kent and Diane. There they go again, Diane’s dog won’t settle down, and she keeps them all.
Now there are twelve She divides the class in half, and works with the first six. I am a wonder in math.

There go the six. Cappy puts her hand on her chin, and send all six o the side while she looks at the other six. I like the looks of Hot Tamale, all dog. There they go, and hug the wall and a bit fast for my taste, but smooth on a couple of them. Some of these must be close to finishing, such good looking dogs.
She wants to see them again, tells them to use the whole ring. The Handlers are yelling at the double handlers. It is a poor workman who blames his tools.
Cappy walks over to them and looks from one end to the other and sends aside Armstrong and Hot Tamale. There go the other four, Kristy, Olivia Kent and Diane.
The dogs are starting to wear out and she keeps only I Walk The Line. George is starting to get intense. There go the first six. Sue is doing the best she can, but is starting to stress. She is doing a great job of double handling but her dog could go all the way and that is stress.
Cappy is looking them over and excuses Paso Double and Hot Shot, off go the other four. Cappy checks the bite of Killian again and excuses him. Then there were three and they stand aside again.
Now the other four. Watch Hot Tamale.
Cappy brings them all out, and there are seven fantastic dogs out there. What a job it will be to pick.
She sends them around and maybe the handler who is left will win. You can feel the tension, and they all give it their best and one or two are done for the day. Cappy looks at who she has left and stares at a couple of them puts Dream Love Bear Peddacre in front then Armstrong and then Hot Tamale. She leaves the rest as they are, and there they go. What noise and applause and she watches the whole class looks back and now front and calls them to stop again. She moves to the front, and everyone is yelling and calling the dogs and she wants to see the first three aside while she looks at the other four. I see some heavy breathing and some yelling from the handlers. I didn’t know Diane could shout like that. Off they go and I love the looks of 5 O’Clock, but he is starting to give in. She moves I Walk The Line up to six and I know Diane is excited. Down and back for her first one and she leaves him there, and takes him around, Dream Love Bear. Now Jack down and back with Armstrong, and around. Next is Hot Tamale, and down and back with Georgie. And around. Now for Ray Bearone in third. In BOD is 5 O’Clock Somewhere, and the crowd likes him and so do I. Diane takes down and back I Walk The Line and not much cheering, but still one good dog. Last is Kent with BB Cody.
That’s the way it is going to be, First is Dream Love Bear, Second is Armstrong, Third is Hot Tamale and Fourth is Ray Bearone.
I can’t argue with that, what great dogs and in fantastic condition.
Ann Marie just came by and forced me to buy raffle tickets. I am such a chump for a pretty girl. Holly Bryan came by to say she enjoyed my posts, amazing. Must be the long winters. And another beautifull woman.
One more class to go