Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Houston, we have no problem

We averted a problem.
When I got to the arena, I was told there was no room for me at the announcer’s table. I understand that they planned to have Bill, Tony and Bob, and it is a small table, and therefore, no room for me. I understand that, and realize that each year I have just gone ahead and sat there, and Bob and I have enjoyed discussing the problems of the world, and this year I was the odd man out. (Shut up Paul).
I explained that I could not sit in the bleachers and post, I needed a plug in, and therefore, this year I would just enjoy the show, and let everyone down.
I went to the party and Gail, (our great president) came up to me and told me that they were setting up a table for me, and would make sure I was on the floor and have a clear view of the show. I will be there.
I got to say hello to both Gloria and Cappy, I did see Nancy Hubble and she showed me her window washer, (ask her). I saw Molly who is working on getting me some band width, so we are still possible on that. Bobbie Kindie is here, and so is Paula Cook, ready to enjoy the show. Peter Cassiopia came by for a hand shake, and I talked to a lot of others, who will be in a post to come.
I will miss Laurie Pruit who is in the hospital, and of course the National is not the same without Helen Fisher. Joan Fox, staying home takes a lot of the fun out of this, but I will do what I can.
We will be together at the show, and I will do what I can.

I will now glue myself to the television, and will stay up to see the results of a great election, no matter who wins. I am proud of America, and the number of us who showed up to vote.