Friday, October 14, 2022

Aftermath

We went to the cocktail party. What a spread, and everyone was there having a great time.

I got to talk to Carmen for a minute and see his wife who did remember me, which is amazing as it has been over ten years.  I talked to Errin Ellis who put together the event and did an amazing job. I sat with Sharon and Michael Avery, and Sharon got bit. I suggested it might have been an alligator or an anaconda as they are plentiful after the hurricane, but I guess it was a wasp.

I spent a few minutes with Jimmy and was going to suggest who he should put up, but we got talking about more important things, his IGs and so we didn't get to it. I am looking forward to Gizmo, (who was Grand Victor in Canada), Gunner (who was number two select last year) and Levi who we just bred two bitches to.  It should be fun. I may work from the announcer's table then move.  I don't know how that will work, since Bob won't be there.

I spent a little time talking to Bill Peterson, and agreed this hotel is out of our comfort range. It is so plush I feel like I am an interloper.  I wondered how they afford the serviced and then Tedi found a news item that they just had a horse auction that gave them a fee of $10.000.000.  I guess they can get away with $35.00 hamburgers.

Zac and Lindsey had a great all black puppy at the event that was loving everyone.  I was having too much fun playing with him/her to ask who he/she was.  I guess I should include "them" to be politictiy accurate, which anyone who knows me, knows I am not.