Saturday, October 15, 2022

Lasting memories

This national will go down as the best quality I have ever seen, the most well controlled show, the friendliness people serving us and the most expensive of all.  Of course, the hotel was more than unbelievable.  I had a chance to sit with Morton Goldfarb.  He  told me he has stayed at some of the best hotels throughout the world, and  this was was the most opulent. It wasn't just the $30.00 hamburgers but everything they did was the best.  It made it interesting but humbled me.

I didn't get much time to talk to Bob, as he had three entries.  I miss the old days when we told jokes all week. 

This time he and Martha were so concentrating that it took some of the joy out of the event for me. Also, when we tried to drive out and return it was an adventure to find  the hotel.

I did get to talk to Diane Brown and it was great to see her daughter do so well in the ring. I expect it was hard for her to be there without Tim, and I missed him as well.

It seems to me it is time to stop reading all the names of our friends who have left us. It does not start the day off on a high note.

Speaking of a high note, Julie and Candy were so organized it made my job easy and Gail is amazing how she pulls it together.  I gained even more respect for Linda Bankhead.  I don't know how she does all that she does and keep smiling. 

Speaking of my job, I still don't know why anyone cares what I think.   But so long as someone reads my Blog, I will keep doing it.  If nothing else, it will show the progress of my senility.

Now if the plane doesn't cancel, and it does not crash, I will get to the office by noon tomorrow, (we gain three hours), and see what mess i have to clean up.  Dog shows are my life. How sad is that?

Thanks for letting me ramble again, and I hope to see you at the next show.