Saturday, October 15, 2022

Saturday the Real Deal, The Big Kahuna, the Hot Day, The Ultimate

I started the day sitting with Morten Goldfarb and then Jimmy and Karena came and sat next to us at breakfast. What a great way to start a day. Morten told me he has stayed at the finest hotels in the world, and this one is the most luxurious he has ever seen. No wonder I feel intimidated. To make up for it, I am taking the soap.

They are moving ribbons to the table now and everyone in the 80 or so entered is expecting to win one of them.

The big controversy at the announcer's table is which Kis son is going to go Grand Victor.  Bob (the voice of the National) had the number two Select last year and this year the BOB at the pre-show.  The other Kis son, Gizmo was Canadian Grand Victor just a few weeks ago.  Of course, "The ASSOIATION" is connection.  Jim Hall, Sharon Avery, Michael Avery, Becky McElroy, and Bob Dresher.  Then, just to add some spice to our table, there is Levy, (who Tedi and I bred to)  All three dogs are entered in Specials, so it is going to be tense here at the announcer's table.

I decided not to announce the reading of those who passed this year, and will save my power for males, since few can breed to the bitches except the owners.  So I intend to watch the judging. Jimmie is always interesting and enjoyable to learn from.

Fifteen minutes to SHOWTIME.  Very few people here so  far, but the cocktail gathering last night was great.  Jimmie is walking the ring with Irv and they are going to change how they use the ring.  The rich seats were on the wrong side. Rather than reverse the seating they are changing the direction of the judging so your videos are going to be even better. BE SURE TO ORDER THEM, this could be one of the most famous Nationals of all times.

Lew Bunch just came by to chat. I asked if we shouldn't stop the announcing of those lost to us. It is such a "downer' and I wonder what it does to people like Diane Brown, (one of my favorite people) to hear Tim's name and then have to go in the ring and compete, or their daughter.  I think just put it in the catalog and leave the show without it. 

I sure miss Celeste and Pat, of course Twyla, and that does not include those I used to laugh at all week and who no longer are with us.  

I am going dark, (like I always was), and will be back later.