Thursday, October 13, 2022

thursday

Bob showed me a picture of Gunner who was the Best of Breed at the pre-show, and he posted it to the link.

There was only one club for the demonstration, and so we have a 15 minute break before the puppies.  Not many people here, so they are waiting for the show to begin. I don't see many entries by the ring, Autum Dugan was talking to us, and I didn't realize she was a pool player at the professional level. We forget there is life outside of shepherds at times.  I had business cards made up that said Attorney - Magician - AKC Judge. It gets comments.  I got a certificate from the AKC recognizing me for judging for 25 years. It didn't mention the quality of my judging, just the years.

Here they go into the ring. Bob is in rare form, and although we are the only important people here now, except for Irv who does the video and Michelle who is in the  ring and he watches them as they come in.  I see a few that blow me away, and I suspect it will be a hard class to judge.  Nine in there now. All expecting to win.  Rita is here now, and looking great, as always. Martha is here now, so Bob is away to give her a hug. Lennie has his lucky red pants on, so let's see if it does him any good This table is dangerous, our chairs are two  inches from falling off.  So far we haven't done it, but the show is young.

The first puppy is a sable and being excused. I missed why, and I doubt Michelle would excuse a dog for being a sable. I would guess he shyed.  Now bill is out there with Teressa's pup. He is a handsum  male, (I have two spelling errors, but don't want to waste my battery to correct them.

Tedi is sitting with me, so Bob has no place to sit.  Bill Basu is in from of this group.  Now the next group with Lennie in front, four. Five absent out of 14, about a third which is normal for young dogs. Lennie out there Daneli.  Michael Cheeks is here and tryng to avoid those who hate him for not putting them up.  I like My Heart is on the rebound.  But what the hell do I know?  To quote Ed Barritt.  Lindsey has Beat of my Heart.  A litter mate of Zac's dog.  I like him too.  Now Rebound is going aroung. The crowd likes him too.  He is flashy and correct.  Not many people here but some applause.  With Tedi and Martha here, we have to behave.  Cynthian Wilhelmy is here and explains why people get her name wrong.   

Now the second group is in there and so far, no placing. And they are together.  He wants to see Mascot down and back again.  and now he wants to see Beat of my Heart down and back. He is making sure of what he saw. 

He is pulling his choices in front and he has five there with Crane in front.  Off they go with Lindsey and Zac in fourth and fifth.  He looks them over stacked and tells them to head around again. Nice looking puppies, the one in front looks ready to finish.  Michelle moves Rook tothe front with Lindsey in second and wants to see his last two dogs.  Jac gpes tp fpirtj/  Rook looks like he is going to sine this one and Michells puts the last two aside and off goes the firth three. The crowd is alive and they all get a good look.  Michelle is one of our best judges.

I think this is it, and they are all out there, First is Tacoras Rook, Second is Silhouette's Beat of My Heart, Third is Peters' Elite Denali, and Fourth is Silhouette's My Heart is on The rebound at Vadara. Great joices.

Now on to the next class.  I have but a little power left and my computer is the same way.