Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Friday coming down

It's quarter to three and there's no one in the place except you and me.
In truth it's 7:15 and me and Irv are here and no one else.
 
I have decided to post while my computer has power and I have something to say.
 
I am reminded of the man who walks into the blacksmith shop and picks up a horseshow that was just fired. H immediately drops it.  The blacksmith says, "too hot for you?".  "No" he says, "It don't take long to look at a horseshoe".
 
Bob is gone a lot and he got another person for the announcer's table who loves the microphone. So, not doing the Blog or announcing I tried to just watch the show.  I see a dog, I watch it move, and that's all I need to see. Unless I walk around to talk, the National is boring.
 
I did get to spend some time with Al Martin this morning.  If you don't know Al, make it a point to talk to him. He is always interesting and has some great insight into our sport.  He is truly one of the nicest people you could meet.
 
I spent half an hour talking to Alex and Ceasar.  We are all attorneys so we were telling war stories. Alex in Puerto Rico and Ceasar in the Dominican Republic.  Alex looks like a teenager and is 45 now.  I think he was 14 when I met him. I had breakfast with Al, so my day is great so far.
 
We are running late, it is half an hour since we were supposed to get started, and hardly anyone is here.  Michael was here and we were able to laugh a bit.  Some of these memories of Alex and Al as kids are hard to understand how they aged and I didn't.
 
The hotel is too plush for me. I am more a Motel 6 type of person. I can't understand a $35.00 hamburger. And I have never walked so much. It is about ten minutes from the hotel to the ring, then another 100 feet or so in the building. I grounds are great and the site is fantastic.  But there is no food in the arena and no place close. Kenny Cunningham is here now and always fun to talk to.
 
Bob, (the voice of the National) left the microphone in his car, so he went to get it.  He has been nervous about Gunner, but tomorrow is the big day.
 
I will send this then come back with the show.