Thursday, November 06, 2008

American Bred Bitches

American Bred Bitches
The buz here is that it is Kathy Tank’s birthday, so I will get the entire ring to sing for her. Of course no one listens to me anyway. I went to the party for Peggy Douglas, and then her dog won the American Bred class. How cool is that?
Ken Tank is sitting with us now, and they are all in the ring. Seventeen in there, so I am going to go take a nap. Call me when you want any news. Twyla just bought her tickets, and so did I. I have a good excuse. Jane Kerner is here talking to The One and Only.
Either Michael just gave the peace sign, or he said take them around twice.
I went down in the ring to do poop duty, the tension is amazing, everyone doing what they can, and everyone trying to figure out what to do. The individuals are boring, but I guess we have to do it. I did see Ken Cunningham and Carol Moore. The handlers are leaning against the wall while Michele does the individuals. I haven’t even tries to figure out what I like yet.Too many bitches at one time. I have overload.
So, I look up at a bitch and she is a superstar. I never saw her before, so I guess I should start to watch. Her name is strange, Iflifewerelikethat. True.
The next trouble I am in, is calling Helen Helen Lianopolis. She is now Helen Gleason, and unless she gets married before Saturday, we should use Gleason. As good as She is looking, it might happen.
I spent a few minutes talking to Bob Eaton, what an interesting person. Bob is talking to Ginnie Altman, dressed to the T again today.
Ginny wants you all to know of Bob’s attire. He is only a few steps in front of us in yellow shorts and a bright yellow hat.
Hi everyone! Especially Helen! (Is it cold in Minnesota?) Want you to know that I wish you were all here. As I was looking down on the ring this morning, I wondered if Evan was going to fill you in on Bob’s wardrobe—you guys should see him—he is so cute! So – he has this canary yellow sun hat on—and of course his white glasses. He has a pair of yellow shorts that come to the mid-upper thigh that match the sun hat. Looks like he has spent some time in the sun last summerJ His grey t-shirt has a patriotic theme with two dogs and a cat and has “going away” tails and hocks on the back and “comin’ at ya” on the front. Just enough yellow in the shirt to “really make” the outfit!! He is so totally focused on his work that he didn’t even hear me razzing him! I have having a good time talking to everyone here and spent some time on the Foundation Table and the Parent Club Table. Bart said to me –twice—that Ann Mesdag would be proud of me the way I was “hawking” the goods. Bye for now—Evan needs to get you the results of the class. Ginny
He is on the last one, and so we need to wake up. The last group lines up. The Guz is in front, then Tiffany, Greg, and I don’t know the last girl, sorry about that. I will try to meet her.
I don’t know about the annual meeting tonight, Tedi might want to start packing for Saturday instead.
Michael is making notes again, and he walks to the front of the line and is looking at them all, and says, take them again.
Now he looks at the next group, and Bill Tank is in the front, but there they go, and I suspect he will change some of the placings. Everyone is still where they came in. He walks back, folds his arms,and pulls Dare To Dream, Raspberry Beret and I Get Around.
Now the next group, take a pass. And off they go with JR in front. He pulls Lexi, Nutmeg and American Anthem. In the down to the end group are only four so far. I see that Iflifewerelikethat is in the keepers.
This group takes a run, he checks his notes, he takes two of the four, Whisper and Jesse II.
Now the last group, of the last class of the day. Four more to consider. Off they go, giving it their all. The Guz in front. He looks at his notes and walks to the group, and give the nod to The Guz only with Day In Bearadice. There are in the lost wishes group nine of them, and there they go. And they all go to the big dog show outside the ring. Tomorrow is another day.
There are nine in the Field of Dreams, and now the crowd seems alive. I hear a lot of calls,a nd Michael walks down to the end of the class and nods his head and goes to the middle and stands and looks at his class, and breaks it in half. There they go with Georgie in front on a 12 foot lead with Rasberry Beret. They are starting to cut the ring,and it is about time. I was a big fan of Rasberry’s sure GQ. She does remind me of him in movement.
Another pass and it is all men in this group, Georgie, Jeff, Jack JR and Kent. He moves Nutmeg to second, with Kent. He sends the other group back to the wall and looks over what he has, and tells them to go again. George has a fit, his owner went the wrong way, and off they go. Boy, Kent is giving her a hard time, two great bitches. And, to the wall, MF. Oh, wait, that is another story.
Now the last four, Miguel Lenny, Patti and The Guz. Jessie looks good and he looks at them from the front,and walks to the back, and they pose them, and he stops at Jesse, and now Day In Bearadice. He walks to the front again and wants to see them again. So, again, around and around they go. Where they stop…….
They are starting to let up, and Michael sends the others back again. Now it is Sun’s Whisper, Jesse II and Day in Bearadice, and around again. Lots of noise and calling. And they stop behind the others. I don’t know what is going to end up, but they are now set back and he wants to work with the other group, with George in front still, and he and Kent have two superstars. I think right now Nutmeg is outworking Iflifewerefair. But, there is more to go.
Now back to the other four, with un’s Whisper in front. Four on the floor. Not giving the best now, but still winners. He moves Jesse II into fifth. And the first four stay as they are,and he takes Iflikewerefair to number one, then Nutmeg, Jesse II and Rising Sun’s Whiser. He goes over them all, and sends them off.
WOW, that’s it, and the end of the show for today.