Saturday, November 08, 2008

Bitch Specials

SPECIAL BITCHES
We had a break and they did a schutzhund demonstration, lots of interest. Also, they read the members and friends who have left us, always a hard time for me.
They also did Juniors, and I used that time to take a break, and to get my mind straight.
My impressions. First of all, she got the best dogs up front and missed very little. I liked the lines with the best up front. Helen knows the standard and showed us how to select the best dogs. She gave a critique to everyone, that might or might not be a good thing. I guess if you didn’t want to know what she thought, you didn’t have to enter under her.
We are having a good time at the announcer’s table and Bob and Tony are working like crazy all show. Paul was invaluable to give me the names as they were moved, and he knows the dogs. He gives me the winners too, and doesn’t mind a little abuse.
Helen kept her cool and although the individuals were interminable, when she started to pick, she did so with a firm hand, and ring control. Overall, I liked what she did, and while I think she cut it too short, that was her choice and I have not right to criticize, even if I am right.
HERE WE GO
First up is Happysaysitall with the Guz. She is a pretty as can be. The crowd with Bobbie starts to yell, and she cocks her head from one side to the other, too cute. There she goes, and that is a picture.
Chanel No 5 comes in, and does the thing.
Doll House with Nick Federo the Granger’s bitch and she is another picture bitch, and would win anywhere. Up to number two.
Enchanted is a good one, nice type. Olivia co-owns her. I do love that movement. Either Helen agrees with me and wants to see her again, or she was too fast. She does not want to slow down. And she goes to second.
I guess I will drop describing the coming and going and the constant clip-boarding. They all go around, and it is starting to seem like de ja Vou. Or how ever you spell it
Toil N Trouble is now in the center and eight more to go. She is Candice’s bitch and she is a good person. What a dark bi-colored and I have seen her before. It is an in joke, you have to ask Tedi. No changes.
Chimay with Laurie, and owned by the Colemans and Shalonna. Always a favorite. The California crowd is behind her and she does look like a keeper, if she keeps it up. Helen is going over to her and puts her in second.
The Guz is still in front.
Jimmie is talking to our table now, and I see Ann Schultz. Kenny Cunningham is here and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him today.
Next is Scottie with Madison Avenue, a past Select. She is a little over six now and this is after three litters that I know of. That is a real tribute to the quality of our breed that she can look that good at this age. She sure knows how to stack. She seems to love the ring and Helen sends her around. A real crowd favorite and mine too. She hasn’t lost a step from the first time I saw her five years ago. Into second.
The Guz is still in front.
Patti brings in Sangria. I wonder if she might be too big for Helen. I love that look and her style. What a pretty bitch. Helen goes to her and puts her in third. You want Helen to come talk to you.
Jimmy with Sor Juana. That is the type I would bring to Helen, other than Happysaysitall. They are both standard, typy bitches, Happy of course is everything in style and movement. Let’s see what Jimmy’s bitch does. Helen is taking a bit more time to look at her clip-board. I have seen it, and it is a template of faults and values. Nothing from the standard. Jimmy starts out and goes down and back again. Jimmy talks to her, and does it again. He has trouble with bringing her back, and now Helen is talking to him. There they go. Jim brings her back again. He knows what he is doing. And then Helen says go around slow and loose. And he does it. She does look great and Jim lets the lead hit the ground, but the bitch wants to find someone outside, and gets put in fourth or fifth. Paul is busy with Bob so I can’t get any help.
Lovstead is in there now. An American Cowboy daughter bred to Soledad O’Brien. Great body type.
Surfer Girl a very pretty bitch and in full coat. She is not that happy with the mouth exam, but no real problem. Last in the class of this group. If I could depend on Helen, I would go take a nap, and then come back for the excitement. But, no, I have to sit here making us stuff that no one wants to hear, so it will look like I am doing something. I think it might be more fun to be at the pity party. Down and back in the other direction. Helen is giving everyone a good look and if they don’t do it right, she gives them another chance. She is a winner and the crowd likes her too and Helen sixth.
Cristie is in there with Some Enchanted Eve. She is way out of order, but I am sure there is a reason. I saw her as a puppy, and liked her then. I still do. I think Helen might like her and we will know in a minute. She can move and she is moved but I don’t know where yet.
WOW, Happy looks great in front. It is hard to see anything else after her. (I know they don’t call her Happy, but that is easy for me), and Helen moves up Madison and there they go. That was after they ran the tunnel, on one side Helen, and on the other side the wall, and here they come again and she sends them out. In that order.
Bring on the new clowns.
Helen takes a break, and in they come. In front is Amy for now.
Amy now with Sarajevo Sunrise. What a dark pretty bitch. A good steady mover, and fantastic against the white wall.
(I am blown away by Kent’s bitch. Her name is Heiress. I have never seen her before, but I can’t imagine her not winning it all. Of course I only saw her from the side when they came in.)
Now in front and center is Sunny Side. One of the Roots breeding and shows that great Rivendell style. She is a small bitch but within the standard. A very dark black and tan, in my opinion, the only opinion that matters. She moves, maybe too fast. But, not for Helen, she goes to first.
Everyone seems to know that this part of the judging is not for the spectators, and there is a lot of talking and laughing. The handlers are talking to us little people. Ken Tank has a bright red shirt and is kidding with ringside.
Ken now goes out there with Boogie Wonderland. Dan Moser owns part of her, but mainly she is owned by Gail Bauman, who I was just talking to about her. She is a good one, and it will be interested to see where Helen puts her. The quality is so high this year. She may have to go more than seven Selects in bitches. What an iron back on her,a nd Helen does move her and puts her in front.
One of my clients just came up to tell me she is finally getting child support. We take out fun where we find it.
A black man with a black bitch. How rare. Al Martin is out there with U Got The Look.
Last man out, Kent with Heiress. I am not crazy with her standing, a bit big, and not impressive. I was blown away with her in motion. Kent baits her and there goes the back brushing. She does pose well. Second time down and back. I think Helen is trying to see her clean. Now the crowd wakes up and there she goes. Not as good s the first pass. Helen puts him in second. I am not as impressed, but still like her a lot.
Abby with Scheherazade. Very good looking show bitch, lots of style. She goes over to her, and puts her in fourth.
In the ring with Wont U B My Valentine. Around and around shes goes. Helen goes to her and moves her sixth. Be still my heart.
I see Tedi over at the other side, watching the bitches. She doesn’t like me to bother her at the show, and so Blogging works out well. She is standing alone and just studies the bitches.
Teressa Royer brings out Fantasia. A good looking black and tan. Teressa does a fantastic job of handling and has for years. She goes to fifth our of eight. I know Teressa is just thrilled.
Long Hot Summer with Greg. A solid looking bitch and great posternum. No back brushing for this one. I like that sidegait.
Mike brings to Helen, Shakira. She is one of my favorites. That should be one of the top ones. Helen wants her to stand free and look the other way. She takes a pose and holds it. There she goes, and the crowd starts early but picks it up. Helen moves her to third.
I just realized that all these hours when I am sitting between Paul and The One and Only, you only have to read what I type. Advantage to you. You must be getting sick of my opinions by now!
To Hot To Trot is in the center of the ring. Some crowd response. Helen goes to her and moves her to fourth.
Olivia with Copacabana. Another Rogue daughter. That is the nice dark sable I liked so much. The crowd does like her. Olivia says “Be quiet to someone” and takes her down and back, and again. This is the last in the group. She poses and looks just great. Now for the around thing. Helen goes and moves her to third.
Now to finish the group. Dick Jones is talking to Helen and Bob is talking to Karen. Maybe discussing the election. Helen walks out over to Bob and looks at her clipboard, and makes some marks on it. Now, back to the table, and the crowd applauds the keepers in there now, and she wants them around tells them to go slow and don’t try to keep up. Ken Tank leads them off. And there they go, at a reasonable trot, and Kent is behind him and then Olivia, Mike Al, Abby and others. She moves Al with U Got The Look to four. There they go again and she says, let them out. There they go with the tunnel again. She stands in the middle and looks at them and asks the first four to stand back and there goes Mikey in front Abby and others, seven left so far, and Helen walks over to them and moves Abby with Lovestead to fourth. Now they leave the ring in that order.
Bob is on the phone, and finally Helen sits down.
I took a break and missed two bitches. While I was gone, she did Soaring Softly and Kover Story. I am sure they were just great.
Now Joann has Miranda Rights in the ring, and Helen tells her what to do. A very dry but pretty bitch. Down and back in another direction. Helen watches her and looks at the clipboard and directs Bob. Bob again, does what he is told.
I did get to talk to Cappy and Gloria and the Knights. What a great group. Had a minute with Dave Rinke and Bob Eaton and Jeff. I do get time to say hello to a few people.
Bill Tank is there with Shasta Fair. Sort of what you want from the standard. She looks good and moves to the front. First of four.
Morris had Miami, a Krindler’s Ruby daughter. I do like those owners, and this is a good bitch. That is a hell of a bitch, if you excuse my language. Helen goes to her and moves her to the front. Dahhhh!
Now an all black bitch, with Diane Brown, Special Angel. The crowd likes her. Helen does too and moves the black bitch to second.
Four Star Review is out there and stands in a she is well put together. She is an Aries daughter. The Guz is behind us telling jokes. Four Star Review stacks and stands there as if she were a star, and she is.
I wasn’t going to repeat it, but now I have heard it from three people, so you might as well know. Helen is making Bob take notes. When The Guz had Hunter in there she said, “Too big to work.” Jerry said, “He has enough money he doesn’t have to work.” Hunter’s owner has his private jet here to take the dog home from the show. I heard he plans to stop in Palm Springs to drop off Jerry. Helen didn’t laugh.
Sprecial Angel takes off the length of the ring, and looks great at a full gallop. Back she comes. Helen says, “Start slow and let her out on a loose lead”. It is 4:30 and she is still doing individuals. And she goes to the front.
No one comes up and Helen calls, “Is anyone here” and Illegal Motion shows up. This is Mary Tripps bitch. She has a lot of great metal sculptures in her booth and this is an almost all black bitch. Those two things are not connected.
What a great sable is in there with Liz, Hiena Gomez, the Winner’s Bitch. I am getting excited, this is towards the end of the bitches. Not a minute too soon. Dan Moser just came by and everyone is milling about. She is very pretty, and a real crowd pleaser. WOW, now they are awake, and what a loud noise. And, YES, she goes to the front.
Now Brandy is there, Trish has her, and poses her for the judge. Helen still looks fresh, and it amazes me. She has on cowboy boots and yet stands. It has been about eighty and a half hours. Pam O’Dell came by to talk about the show. And Trish is still in the center. Helen goes to her and puts her in sixth. A thrill a minute.
Sean goes in with Desbearate Housewife. Another of the Fasano entries. This would probably be a four point show were they not here. The crowd likes her and Helen moves over and puts him in seventh. The excitement is unbelievable. Or not.
Eric comes in with Showboat. Dorothy Linn’s bitch. I have seen her a lot, and always liked her. Always has been a nice mover, and is today. There she goes and puts him at the end.
They are done and here they go.
Liz in front and the rest behind That is one Fantastic Sable. I just don’t have a desire to see the rest. Some of the bitches have matures since we first saw them. Where is the tunnel? They walk and they walk and they walk and Helen even looks at them. She stops them at the other side and they line up. She is doing something.
She takes everyone but the first three. She pulls Desparate Housewife and Shasta Fair to the front of that group. Special Angle gets moved up too. There they all go too. Liz still in front and if that bitch keeps it up that well, she could take it all.
EVERYONE GETS A GOOD LOOK AND NO ONE GETS OUT WITHOUT AT LEAST TEN PASSES, EITHER ALONE OR IN A GROUP. Lots of time to look good.
In comes the last class with Dancing Doll in front. Only nine in this group. There is a conference in the ring, with Bob, Dick, Karen and Helen. Lots of talk, and the Little People are starting to get restless. Around they go. Dancing Doll still looks good. She goes to the front of the class. But, she started there.
Jeff with Dancing Doll. What can I say about a bitch I have loved for years.
Bret Taylor is back and entertaining the crowd. No one seems to be watching the show.
Now it is George with All About Eve. There is a Moses connection and she sure looks pretty. She moves. Second.
Alex with Cherry Crush. That seems to be a popular bitch and Helen is watching, but doesn’t do anything with her.
Windsong comes in. We need something to happen. Sharon Earl, (I know she is married, but I am so tired, I can’t think) ate all Tedi’s almonds. Actually Tedi Told me to try to get rid of them. There she gos and Helen turns to the next one with Lenny.
Lenny takes in China Lake, the LAST BITCH IN THE CATALOG. There are two more, but those must be one moveup and the veteran. China looks good and is a very dark black and tan. Helen wants her slowed down and Lenny takes her again to do as he is told. He takes directions well. China stands well, and the crowd goes wild. I think they are looking for anything to wake up. It is 5:15, and the individuals exams aren’t done yet. But, Helen is doing a good job. She can move. Helen goes over and tells her to slow down and loose lead, this time Lenny does it. And at that speed, she is a winner. Helen takes her and places her in fourth.
Lanalee is doing her e-mail. Rita is laughing somewhere, Flowerboy is quiet.
Now the Move-up Rags To Rihes Campeon. The handler is Sean, he seems happy to be doing something. I like the looks of her. Another one that can move. I also like the owners. Jose and Suzanne. For those who do not know, they breed zebras. See, you can learn from the Blog.
Isis Vices Gogh’n. I don’t know what that means, but she is in the center of the ring for Helen to judge. I have been kidding but Helen has more stamina than I would. She is putting the best bitches up to the front of each group. I am anxious to see what they look like together. A good young handler on her.
I still haven’t seen Paula.
Liz Leshhorn is behind me laughing. I am still typing and fading fast. Tedi will tell me if I want to go to the dinner. I hope I make the right decision. We may not make the dinner. McDonalds is sounding good to me right now.
Art with the Veteran Bitch Magnolia. One of my all time favorites. Paul and Jennifer brought her for us to see, and for me, I thank them. She looked great in the class, I hope she looks that good now. She is seven and a half, and hasn’t changed from when she finished. Yes, she looks that good. Helen looks at her board, talks to Bob, looks back at her board and talks to Bob, and tells Bob to write something and goes on to the next bitch.
Lana Lee is so bored, she is reading the obits from the town in Indiana where she used to live. Now, that is like watching paint dry.
Cindi bring out Christy Brinnklye. Jack Newton brought her, and not only is she a good bitch, but a great producer. The crowd goes wild. She is over nine and loves the ring. She is alert and wants to please, tail wagging and looking. There she goes and I expect the crowd to do just what they are doing, yes, it is the loudest of all day. What a wonderful tribute. Helen is looking at the papers, but nothing doing.
Arial with Winner Takes All. Last one of the day. It is thrilling to say the least. She is a nice bitch and red and black. She stands and doesn’t move. Helen is looking her over. Poor Ariel, she has waited all day for this, and she takes a lap. Helen is going to move them but she first takes Winner Takes All and moves her to seventh. What an honor.
Helen looks over the group and sends them around. She wants China slow, and Lenny needs to figure it out. Jeff leads, Geoge and then Alex, and Lenny. She walks over and looks at them and moves George with All About Eave to the front, and takes them around that way. It’s the tunnel. Closer this time, but they all thread it. She must be watching them coming at her.
She does the line up along the side in a line and calls for the other groups. She still looks strong, what a tribute to Helen’s condition. Karen and Helen are talking and in comes Tom. Karen is telling Tom what to do, and Tom is checking with Helen and they are all gesturing and Helen is telling them what to do. They seem to have it, and there goes Tom to follow directions. Helen goes to stand with Bob.
I have to admit, I do like this. You see all the top of the classes side by side. It is a beautiful picture.
Mass confusion as they sort out their places. Four rows of about 12 in each row. George lines up in front and she goes to the first group and looks them over This is a great picture. She pulls the first two, next the first one, then the first one, then the first two, now back to the other groups and the first one, the next group the first two. She looks at her groups not pulled in front of one is Jimmy, the other is Kent, the next is Morris and the last is Alex.
Pulled Madison Avenue, Happysaysitall, Hiena Gomez, Boogie Wonderland, All About Eve, Dancing Doll, Four Starr Review, Sangria, Enchanted of My Joy and last she has Heiress.
She takes each of the other groups. Now she pulls another group. She sends the end of another group to the end. Everyone is getting a long look and sends them to the row of crushed dreams, and now another group to place at the end again of the “I hate this place”, and now the end of the extra, and that is a lot of bitches, but her selects are as shown above, I think.

She is giving them another looks and around go 33, the first half goes out and now the second half, and they go out together.
Then there were ten.
Now the fun begins. In front is Scott, but The Guz is in second. There they go, and Happy is looking good and she stops them, and says SLOW DOWN. They all go back where they were and start over,and now Scott goes slow and so do the rest of them. They all walk. She moves Hiena Gomez to second. She looks great walking and now into first. The crowd likes that, and so do I. It is Liz, Scott and The Guz. Off they go, what a fantastic bitch and no, she stops them and moves George to second, with All About Eve, and there they go again, Helen in the middle of the ring and walking and they stop and Liz takes her out again, and Helen says WALK, and there they go, walking,a nd Liz lets Heilna out and what a bitch. Helen stops them and moves Four Star Review into fifth. Liz is doing a great job with a fantastic bitch, who the crowd loves. Hiena, and she stops them again, and she watches them and they stop and she moves Jeff with Dancing Doll into sixth. Now they walks again and she moes towards them and watches. No one can say they didn’t get a good look and she moves Heiress to second.

She stops them and moves Heiress again. She looks at them all and walks back and says, “Slow Trot” and there they go, and I love that sable bitch, what a moving bitch and so is the one behind her, and so all the first four. WOW. Helen is my hero.
She now moves Kent with Heiress into six. They pose she looks at them all, and she walks back and says USE THE WHOLE RING. There they go, and use the whole ring, and it is lud in here and she points to them to keep going and they go and they stop.
Helen walks to them and moves Enchanted Of My Joy into eighth. And they stack. She has the best in front and the first four are fantastic bitches. Any of them could do it, and she takes them one at a time Hiena Gomez, and no question of that quality.
Next is George with All About Eve, a top quality bitch.
Scott with Madison Avenue, a crowd favorite. Wow, is it loud for her.
The Guz with Happy, and OH MY GOD! I can’t hear myself think. Thank you California.Four Star Review. She gets moved one.
Heiress with Kent. A great pass, but no cigar.
Dancing Doll with Jeff, still looking great.
Enchanted of My Joy.
Ken Tank with Boogie Wonderland.
Pattie with Sangria.

And that’s the lineup. Helen looks them over and says again, and gives the thumbs up, and I think that is it, and YES, That’s it.
1. Hiena Gomez
2. All About Eve
3. Madison Avenue
4. Four Star Review
5. Happysaysitall
6. Heiress
7. Dancing Doll
8. Enchanted of My Joy
9. Boogie Wonderland
10 Sangria
What a show, and lots of fun, and good entries, find judging in all classes and the Grand Victrix and Winner’s Bitch is unbelievable.
The rest to come.