Friday, November 07, 2008

Bad news in Open Bitches

went to the Blog. I haven’t seen it yet, I sure do talk a lot. Paul Lepiane is sitting with us, and it is always good to see him, and he always have some good jokes.
They are all in the ring now, and there are 15. Michel looks them over, (okay Peggy, I will spell it right, but it won’t be as much fun). He walks to the front, Bob Grady is here with a purple suit and a yellow shirt. They are all the same style, and we should take note.
Michel walks down the line and pauses at each bitch, and is now at Kent’s and she stacks like a rock, it is One Woman Show. Down to the rest and he pauses at each one, and now to Olivia next to last. She has a dark sable, it is Hena Gomez, and there they all go, some real movers here. I like Antares at a first glance.
They reach the end of the line before the others have gone, so they hold up, and the rest take a lap. Bob Lindsay will have the complete show available for $135.00 which will be 6-7 discs, and will have every entry in full, every class, and every entry. I have watched him filming, and it is going to be special.
They are done, and now for the individuals.
I have to reflect again. I read the comments on the List, and thank you for the kind words. But, this is fun for me, and should be for you too. I am unofficial, (how my life goes) and so it may not be accurate, and so don’t expect me to do everything right. You should also be having fun, and if not, then go show rabbits. You can eat what doesn’t turn out. I guess you could do that with German shepherd too, but that is just gross. Take a breath, laugh with me, let me know about my mistakes, (not that I will care), but come on along for the ride. It may not get you anywhere, but it will be fun getting there.
Linda Fox just got here. She looks better every year, and came at the last minute. I do miss Fred, and would like to see Gary Szymzsk, Lew Bunch, Helen Fisher, Helen Frankly, Laurie Pruit, Peggy Mickleson, and so many others that make a national fun. I guess we will go out with Jane Kerner, Pam Stoesser, Dave Rinke, Bob Eaton, and Jeff Mobeus for dinner, so I will let you know how much abuse I take there. I did tell you that Bugsy is Last Harrah, and his name is not Dexter. I think I explained that Jane is not a Wacky Conservative, but rather a Wacky Strict Constitutionalist. Like I know the difference? But, whatever I call her, she is my friend and for that I am thankful and proud. I suppose she will yell at me for the sin of pride now. Go figure.
They did fix my computer last night, evidently it was the charger. I have some thoughts about it, but wonder if it is an intermittent problem. Whatever, we still don’t have a network, but tomorrow is another day. Lea Ruggieri came by to chat,
and Luke Allen is doing the moving shots, and I have seen a few of them, and he is as good as Michael, (Sharon Earl’s husband). They will be available on the webb site, Photos by Saranugent.com.
Last night I was doing some card tricks for Abby Hathaway, and she is one of the best audiences I have ever seen. It was fun. I have to tell you, one time she selected a card, put it back in the deck, shuffled, and then told me she had not looked at it. It ruined the effect.
Michel is working on the second group, but I have lost interest, so you have too. When he starts to do some picking, I will be back. In the middle for the individual is Samara and daughter of Nation’s Cup. Don Knight just came by and is busy doing his double handling thing.
I do like One Woman Show, as she takes a pass. If anything does catch my eye, I will be there. Otherwise, I am talking to Paul. We are talking politics, and you don’t want to know what it is about. I do like One Woman Show. Now Diane Brown is out there with Bedazzled. Bob, (the Voice of the National), is telling us jokes.
I see Jimmy talking to Lenny, and the place is filling up. I need to go spend some money with Sally, and have to remember to do it today. I do want to see Army in the Parade, but not so much some of the others. Debbie Hokkanane is here at the table with us, and I see Joanna Rand talking to Jan Coleman.
Liz Leshhorn is here with Robert. She looks just great, and it is so good to see her feeling good. I did get to talk to Peter Cassiopia yesterday at the meeting, and I saw Pat and Colin Easton, who moved to Austin from Los Angeles. I have to spend some time with them. Miguel is in the ring and is one of the last group, so stuff should start happening now. I also saw Ed Barritt last night, and he said he is going to do me in, slowly, so if I stop typing, you know who to question first. He remains one of my favorite people, who has a true sense of humor about all of this.
And Michel tells them once around and there they go. The seats are almost full. I can’t believe it is Friday already, Michel is taking notes. I need to avoid using “and” it is hard for me to type for some reason.
Michel has a dark suit with a light pink shirt and a pink striped tie. I want to shop where he goes. The handlers wave to their owners, and I think they are saying “hello”.
Now the very last five bitches are out there. I like the pose on the sable Mike has, and behind him is another dark sable and she is with Olivia. Olivia has Hiena Gomez, and Mike has Kallie. I will now watch them move, you can’t. I see Jimmy talking to Maryellen and Bob Kish, and watching the show.
The new directors for our board are Bart, Kathy Strong, Lanalee, Laurie Pruit, (get well Laurie, we need you), Helen Gleason, Lamar Fredricks, and Tom Mesdag. What a great job we did with the voting.
Ann Schultz won the Loyyd Bracket award, and Barbara Williams the Connie Bechhardt award, congratulations to both. Ann was there to accept and was very happy.
The crowd does like Hiena Gomez. Michel makes a lot of notes in this group. And looks at each one. I wonder if we could buy the notes for big bucks. How is the dollar doing in Canada? There they go.
I saw Bill Leonard at breakfast and he is across the ring. Michel takes a drink and goes back and has his first group out there. And begins to pull. He is keeping a lot of them, and as they line up, I will try to get number. I saw Lou and met the Guz outside the ring. There they go, the next to the last group, and I see two I would pick. Michel excuses the entire group, and that is why he was elected to judge.
Now the last group of four, and Fair’s Ubetcha takes a lap off lead, and Ken Tank goes to get her, embarrassed. There goes the last four around, one I like. I did see Se Wiley, and that group takes a rest. Now there are eleven. They are still in order. I miss Jamie Walker, she is part of my national. Ellie Gode is another.
The crowd is into this, and I see five or six of what I like. Lorri Hathaway is in front, but only due to her entry, and there goes half the class with Larri, Greg, Jack, George, Scoott and Kent. He talks to Greg, and Greg is sent out, as is Scott, and now we have That’d Be Mz Stonewall To You, Fantaiasia, Samara and One Woman Show. Now the other group. Now we have left with the keepers, Angie Valadez FCM, Hiena Gomez and Rosanna V Madeb. Seven good ones.
I would guess at this point One Woman Show, but also like Rosanna. It is not an easy choice, and there they go again. The crowd is into it in a polite way, lots of clapping, not moving of the placings yet. Michel nods his head and corsses his arms, and walsk to the end and pulls out Hiena Gomez, then Angie Valadez, One Woman Show and A Moment Like This. The first one, a great looking sable, could go all the way, and off they go. Now it is loud she is popular,and so is the other and NO, he stops them again, right in front of me. He walks to the front and tells them, down and back. There goes Hiena and she stand loose. He takes her around, and she yells, “Mom, call her.” What a loose lead looks like. A fantastic bitch. And now Angie, Another dark sable, with Sergio, he stands way back as she poses like a rock, off they go, the crowd is behind her too, and she is very smooth, but doesn’t move up, and now One Woman Show. A very pretty type, and a great mover. This is probably the crowd favorite. Kent gives her a full 12 foot lead, and George with A Moment Like This. She hugs the wall, and not much crowd response. Lorri with That’d Be Mz Stonewall. Lorri sure does dress up for this. And the crowd does like that one. Michel walks to the first four and looks them over, walks between them looking at each of them and walks back and over to George and back to Lorri, but makes not changes.
Jack is going with
Fantasia, and she is a bi, very dark, and very stylish. Off they go, some crowd response. Jack Falls, and he is hurt. It is silent, and he is not getting up,. He pounds the ground and they lay him down, and it is not good. He needs a doctor. He is surrounded. I know that feeling from Del Mar when they took me out on a golf cart. I hope he is OK, but it looks like a knee from here. I see seven people around him and Diane Bown is there to help too. They are going to interrupt the show, and send the keepers out, but some confusion, and they are marking the arm bands. This is serious, and I have to admit, I am not feeling good about it. I know he will be OK, but for now, we need to all pray for Jack. He is still down in the ring.
We are going to take a time out. Jack is talking and they have a pillow, but they are not going to move him. Cappy is holding his hand and they have a doctor looking over him, and everyone is talking. They bring in a wheel chair, and I know Jack is not happy about the attention. The crowd around Jack is thinning now, and it seems that they are working on his knee but he is at the end of the ring. The doctor is taking notes and talking to Jack, and everyone else has left the ring. Every show we have a memory, some good and some bad. This is one that will stay with me, and I feel so badly for Jack, who was having such a great show. He still lays in the ring, but at the end.
The doctor is taking more notes. And, I will go ahead and send this so everyone can be aware of what is going on. They are taking his blood pressure and Jack is talking to the doctor, and she is checking her notes and making some notes. Probably a torn ACL, and here come the paramedics with a stretcher. They have his left pant leg rolled past the knee, so it does look like a ACL. I have that same injury, and had it removed over 30 years ago. It does hurt like hell, and they have the stretcher down.
Paula McGuirk came by with Tony Ambrosia, and said hello.
Bobbie said the knee is dislocated and he is in a lot of pain, and now they lift him to the stretcher, and he is on it, and they raise the back. I know the crowd will applaud when he leaves, that is not what you want to hear at that point. They strap Jack in, and pick up the doctor stuff, and Jack is talking to everyone. He rolls up his sleeves and seems alert,and talks to the medics who raise the stretcher, and take it the length of the ring to roll him out, he is laughing and waving at us all, and there they go. I know we all wish him the best.
It won’t send, so, back we are, with the bitches back in the ring, and Michel looking at them all again, in the order they were in. I like what I see, and they are fresh and ready to go, the handlers too. Olivia in front and Miguel behind her, two good looking dark sables. Olivia poses her, and she is one good looking bitch. The other is no slouch either, and for my money, of those first four could win this class. This may be a sable day.
He now walks back to the front and tells Olivia, “One more time.” I think she hopes that is true, YES, that’s it. First is Hiena Gomez, Second is Angie Valadez, Third is One Woman Show, and Fourth is A Moment Like This.
All the dogs have been judged, and winners to come.