Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Texas on a Tuesday afternoon

We made it to Texas. I went over to the ring, and met Dave Rinke, Jane Kerner, Bob Eaton and Jeff Mobeus. Everyone looks just like they did last year, and seem in great spirits. They had a sister to our new Hudson daughter, and she looks like a clone.
I got to pet Hudson, and his mother had him here. That is one good looking dog. I talked to Gail Hardcastle, she lost so much weight, I almost didn't recognize her. Saw Rick Solowski, wattering the ring, it is a hockey rink, so smaller than normal, but plenty large for a dog show.
I didn't get a chance to check yet to see if we have WiFi, and I don't even know if I have a place to set up the camera, or computer. I will know tomorrow morning and will let you know as soon as I do.
I did see Lee Brown, for just a minute, and talked to Diane Brown as well. I spent a minute with Nancy Nellis and Erin, they were putting up the follards, and Sheryll Brocket was directing it. The arena looks like a national, and all the vendors are around the outside of the ring, with the wall for the hockey game, without the glass.
We went to do some grocery shopping, and will head for the hospitality room in a bit. But, we got to ride in with Liz Leshhorn and Robert, and she is doing much better. She said she brought 100 less Red Books this year, and it may be a factor of the economy. I understand a lot of the handlers have lost clients, at the last minute. I saw Bill Bassu at the airport, and he has only one dog to show so far.
More to come.