Friday, November 07, 2008

Musings

We left the arena and are waiting to have dinner. I took some time to read some of the Blog. I have never read it before.
I need to be more careful when I type, and for some reason I tend to babble. But, I got a kick out of what I wrote, and what I said, and then can remember what was going on.
Ben McGovern went to his van and found his dog dead in the crate. He just sat down and they called the medics, and I hope he is OK. What a terrible thing to have happen.
The location and weather are great, and the show is going smoothly. I know tomorrow is going to be terrific, Paul who some may know is not a shepherd person, but is very sharp, and will do a great job spotting dogs for me. In Specials, I don't have time to look up, and I type what I see happening and Paul will give me the names, which I can't aways remember. I try to get my feelings into it, and to me, it is the best of all when I can do it that way.
I asked Flower Boy and he refused. I do get a little abusive and demanding. I want to get you the news as soon as I can.
Helen said she wants to do the males and keep all the Selects in catalog order, do the bitches and then arrange her Selects. She was told the AKC may not allow that, and she said she is going to check tonight.
I like the idea. Last year Ed at one point said to his group, "You are all going to go Select" and then began to work them. I loved it, and it took a lot of the tension out from the ring and let everyone work for the top spot.
I hope they let Helen do it.
I plan to have dinner with Jeff Moebus, but they want him to show his dog, WD in the Frasano match. Frank and Kris have a private invitation only match and give cash prizes. I think this year it is $1,500. I don't know if Jeff will go, or join us for dinner.
It is early here and we get a chance to rest.
I will be on early tomorrow.