Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A very personal post

I am so proud of our nation today. We voted the character of the man. While many may have voted against the party of the past eight years, it shows that they did not vote the color of a man’s skin, but rather the need for a change.
As a person who remembers seeing "white only" signs when I traveled to Ft. Lauderdale for spring vacation in the 50s, I never understood then and do not understand now, what the reason for that was. Today we have proven that we, all of us, as a nation have come through our shame of those days, and now we have to work together to move forward.
Thank you America for finding honesty and passion in voting the issues, the man, and the needs for our country.
I will now head to the center, and find Jane to share a hug, and I know everyone is proud of our great country.