Thursday, November 06, 2008

Novice Bitches

Novice Bitches
Novice Bitches
They are in the ring. I just got to do a card trick for Debbie Hokanan, she didn’t know I did that stuff. I don’t see Paula here today, I hope she is OK.
14 in all, and Now Michele is going over them each and looking at them but not touching. He takes a good long look at each of them. The Guz is in the class and now they all take a lap, together. SPECTACULAR!
I talked to Joey Perez, and he is showing, and it shows. Now Michael divides the class, and out comes the first one. There is a group in the ring of five, and Michael walks to the front, and looks at each in turn, but not for long. He gives a circle motion and says, “once around please.” I like all of that group. I may be going senile, but who would know? Now for the down and back.
The network in the building has gone down, so I am back on my modem. I did ask Zoe to send me the link to the streaming video, and John Ayotte came by to tell me about the uplink, and he is working on it. If Zoe sends me the download, if I can figure out how to get it on this computer, if then I can get the camera to work, if the link is up again, and if I live that long and if the show isn’t over, we will have streaming vido. And, the show goes on.
I don’t think anyone wants me to describe the individual exam, it isn’t the most exciting part of the show for me.
The bitches run, the judge takes notes, the handlers primp, stop, pose and the dogs pant. And, again, and again, and again.

Now I am in trouble for leaving the e off of Paula Cook’s name. You would think that of all the e’s she got in school, she would be pleased. She is rooming with Candi Zumwaldt, and of course that is one room where it never stops with the laughter. I understand Grace got her and she is another of my favorite friends. I will find her and see what is happening in the world of children.
Georgie came by to talk to us.
He is on his last group. They just had an announcement of Peggy Douglas’ 84th birthday. I did talk to Ross and asked about Peggy. She is here, and I will have to go find her. How can we have a national without Joan Fox? It is very quiet again, and Michael is doing a fine job, but it just does not get the blood moving to watch him do individuals. What we need is a dog to try to bite him, or to run a handler into the wall. Hope springs eternal.
I need someone to spot for me in Specials. So far I have asked Paula, she is not interested, talked to Dania, and Flower Boy, they did it before and couldn’t take my abuse. Cindy isn’t here, and is missed, but she did a great job and was willing to do it. I am still looking.
Karen Wagner is sitting at the ring side with Kent. I do miss Ellie Gode, and sorry she isn’t here. But, I know she is reading this nonsense and thinking of ways to abuse me. Pam Stoesser is here, and I want to take her and Jeff Mobeus out to dinner, but we need to convince Jane Kerner, and Rinke and Eaton to join us. That is a real experience.
It is good to see Alex in the ring. It seems like just yesterday he was a kid, and now there he is, one of us old folks. Not quite, but certainly no longer a kid. There sure are a lot of young people here, and maybe there is a future of the breed.
Remember if you want to talk about Paula Cook, spell it Paulae Cook.
Directly across from me is Dave Rinke, Jeff Mobeus and Bob Eaton. That is an interesting trio. Maybe I will go talk politics to them. I doubt any of them are packing heat.
Bob Grady doesn’t have a lime colored jacket, it is a suit. Cappy is talking to Karen Wagner and Erin and Nancy Ellisare talking to Tom Mesdag.
B ACK TO THE DOG SHOW
Michael is done with the last group, and they stand while he walks to the front, makes a face, and goes down the line. I think he may be looking at heads or feet. And he pulls out his pad, makes a note and sends them around. They are using the whole ring, and leave about 50 feet between them. Lets you get a good look. Michael makes some notes, and they come together and stack. Olivia and I were discussing computers. I found out where Peggy is, and will go see her when you have read all I can write. I hope the pity party is going well, we are having so much fun, we can hardly stand still. But, we are doing it.
From the first group he pulled Evanescense, Bellagio and Fire and Ice. Now the second group, Ginger Bread Cookie, Josephine and Tanqueray.
And the last four, he pulls Double Jepardy and Java, and he takes the other six, and they don’t look happy, and out they go. Now there are eight. Still in catalog order.
Michele walks down the line the crowd likes Josephine, and no other response. He goes back, folds his arms, and tells them to take a round. Bob Grady is doing poop duty and in the middle of the ring, but does a good job in his lime suit, and then there is a group of four, Michael pets each, and checks for temperament one last time, and sends them on another trip. They get plenty of work and the crowd likes the sable in front, Evanescense. They line up again. I don’t know the handler, but he sends Fire and Ice to the front, then Evanescense, Gingerbread Cookie and Bellagio. Now the second group. He puts Java in the fifth place BOD, and they take a pass, the first four. The crowd does like that, and in front is Fire and Ice is doing one great job. Georgie lets her out on a full lead.
He puts Fire and Ice in front then Evenescense, then Jave, Double Jeprady, and Josephine, and brought the rest up.
He goes to the first five and puts his hand on two and three, and the crowd likes Josephine. Off they go, and Georgie gives him about 12 feet of lead hanging down, slow and looking great. I doubt anyone will beat her, but he calls the second and third to the middle of the ring,and walks around them. The crowd loves Evanescense. He wants to see them around together, Java behind, and two very very good bitches. He pulls Java to second, and the crowd isn’t that pleased. And there they go, all together.
Michael looks like he has made up his mind, YES, Fire and Ice, Java, Evanescense and Double Jeopardy.
Next class.