Thursday, October 15, 2009

American Bred Bitches

I am back. Tedi's sister just came in from Michigan with a girl friend to take Tedi to dinner. I didn't mind that I was not invited, but she told me I had to walk Magic Marker, take her back to the motel, feed her and find my own dinner.   I am so abused.
 
It's AMERICAN BRED BITCHES.
 
Lee has them in the ring and this is going to be a long night. It is 6:00 pm and he is only starting the class.  Karen Taylor came by, and Scott and Loreen finally sat down. I think some of the handlers are glad to be done for the day. Tomorrow is another long day, so I hope to get out of here before the meeting at seven, but I doubt it will happen.
 
Kenny Cunningham came by and is talking to others.  I see Bill Basu.  I would tell you what is going on, but it is a normal dog show, and the usual stuff.  I see that he is on the second group, and there they go.  I think by looking at the catalog there must be three groups. Everyone seems tired and there is a bit of grumping going on.  I hope they realize this is only Open Bitches and there are two more days of dog show.  Don Knight walked by and he looks like I feel. I am as tired as anyone and ready to call it a night, no pun intended.
 
It is now 6:20, and Lee is about half way through his individuals.  The seats are still full, with the people in front really watching the show, and all the people in back having fun visiting with people they haven't seen since Beaumont.  Evan keeps popping out to talk to friends (with Evan, everyone is his friend).  Karen Wagner just stopped by with some more lost-&-found items.  I asked how the show was going, and she just said usual for a National (with a smile on her face).
 
Lee just brought in the last group (smaller then the other two), and is starting individuals.
 
EVAN I just went up to see Lanalee. What a job she is doing sitting before three screens and picking what she can to send out, and what a job. She is in a room above the ring, and sitting there all day.  She said this is just the first step and they are going to continue to improve things from here out. No one should think about complaining about the streaming video. Gail Hardcastle was and is our president, and Lew worked on funding. Lanalee is doing a great job to make it work. It does take a village.
 
Lee is up to his last group, and is now at the end of the class.  Soon he has to start picking.  It is getting down to the end, and I am glad to hear that.  Bob Dresher says he will probably watch the game tonight in his room. I am thinking to takeout Chinese. We are two wild and interesting guys.
 
There goes the final group with two blacks in front.  Just a coincidence.  It is a group of four. Illeana is wondering around, and I haven't seen Paula for a while. Jammie is here now and walking out. 
 
Now Lee takes them one at a time. I just noticed that Lee is taking notes, and I didin't notice that before. He seems to walk as he looks at them. It has to be a long day for him. Christy has Love Remembers, and the crowd comes alive. I see why, She is a nice bitch. 
 
Lee sends them out and brings in the first group.  There goes the group with Diana up front, Georgeie Jeff, Ken Tank and two more. I can't see the end when they get past me.  It has been a long day.  Posting is like child birth.  We forget the pain and after a while want to do it again.
 
He seems to have some outside the big ring, and they seem to be the keepers. I am not sure, but they are all still there and some went into one corner and some to the other. I will watch more closely. In this group he is not taking notes. He takes two from this group and takes four to one side.  I am not sure, but I think he may be excusing them from the choices, but they stay in the ring.  He sent the first two and put them to the side, and put the others in the other ring.  Now he takes the ones he kept in the ring, and I thinnk their time is limited and they take a pass, he stops them, and I am sure now, that they are not his keepers and excused all eight. Go figure.
 
Now those he has sent over to the other ring come back in, nine in there.  They aren't in order yet, I think.  First is Bootylicious of Eden with Diane, then If Life Were Like That with George, Jeff has Drama Queen, Nancy has Deville RN.  From there out we are on our own. Now the next group with Art, with Tee Nobe, then Mike with Black Silk, Joanne is next To Much Bling, then Loverembears with Christy, and then Kent with Betsy.  Check you catalog for more information. I am getting testy.
 
He hasn't arranged anything yet. Just looking at everyone one time around each.   Jimmie just came by outside the ring with a good looking dog.  Sue Weiner is walking by and didn't look up. The crowd seems into it now and likes Love Remembers a lot.  I like her too, a great outline against the white wall.  Now Kent, and some applause but not that much.
 
He moves If Life Were Like That, then Tebe Nobe, then Drama Queen and Too Much Bling  THAT'S THE WAY IT IS.
 
The day is over, we have another great but long and hard work. Tony helped me with the names, and it is so much easier when they give me names.  On to my work, and my bitch, (not Tedi) and them to the hotel.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together