Thursday, October 15, 2009

(no subject)

Am Bred Dogs
 
Evan is off somewhere (probably relaxing after a LOOOONG morning).  So I thought I would fill in for a while.  It's about 4:15pm, and we are just now starting Am Bred dogs.  There are 19 dogs in the ring; Gloria has split them into groups, with 6 in the first group.  Frank Freeman is up first with Begendorf's Sambucca; next is Kent Boyles with Anne-Isle's Patrick; then Jeff Pyle with Hickory Hill's Kryptonite; then Skylyne's 5 O'Clock Somewhere, followed by Sirius Park's Santana; and finally Al Green with Sajela's Enrique of Yarmork.
 
I just got back, (I am Evan).   I had Tony type while I walked Markie.  It is cold as hell out there and if I ever thought of moving back East, this weather would resolve this. I just talked to Paula again, and we found the White Castle and may go there for dinner.  I did get to talk to Peggy Douglas for a while and sat with Cappy again.  I see Ron Pete and talked to him in the stalls for a while.  Magic Marker is just starting to like me, and that makes it fun.
 
I haven't talked about the judging as Gloria is doing such a great job. I see Sam Isreal is here, and FLOWER BOY is in the building. He doesn't much like this weather either and told me we did his people no favors by bringing them out of Africa. Lew Bunch is back and inside. I think he was working outside and he is working the crowd.
 
I went to Sally's booth to buy some stuff, and it was closed. I don't know why.  It seems that everyone is calmed down and there isn't a spare seat in the building.  The lighting is too bright for me, but it gives a good view. There are people standing to watch.  Gloria is about 1/3 of the way through the class and it is 4:30.  It looks like we are going to have a late show.
 
Bill Burgraff came by to eat an Oatmeal cookie. Bob and I have a supply of junk food. I got a chance to talk to Lee and I do like what he is doing. I spend some time with Bud Drew and Bob and Maryellen Kish came by and now are talking to Sheree Moses.  There is still judging going on. When it gets interesting I will be saying so.
 
Molly promised to help me with Specials, and may have to do the bitches by herself. But, I now have backup. 
 
Mike just stopped by and reported that the Parent Club streaming video is seeing a lot of activity.  Up to 268 people have been on at one time.  I went up to see Lana and she seems to be very busy switching between camera's, reporting on what's going on, correcting others, talking to Bill Burgraaf, etc. etc. etc.
 
Gloria is still doing individuals, and a lot of people are trying to work (or re-work) dinner plans.  Evan is thinking about White Castle's.  I am trying to figure out if we will finish in time for a regular dinner; or just takeout.  Gloria is now working with the last individual.  Now the fun begins.  The crowd is starting to make some noise as she starts moving them around.  She keeps 2 and brings the next group in.  A quick lap around the ring and some more re-arranging . . .She keeps 4 and calls for the third group.  A quick lap for them and 4 more keepers.  Gloria calls for the last group.  A quick final lap for them and keeps them all.  She is now down to 12 dogs.  Gloria told the crowd "a nice group of dogs" and the crowd responds with applause.
 
She moves Patrick to the front; Santata next, then Enrique, then Name your Pois-N, then Special Forces, Pete, then Treasure Island, then One N Only, then Oh-My.  She has the last three take an omnious last lap, and excuses them.  She is now down to 9.  Another lap, another look, but no re-arranging.  Here they go again, and this time she does rearrange them.  She leaves Patrick in front, but moves Enrique to second, then Pois-N, then Special Forces, then Treasure Island.  She excused the rest and we are down to 5.  Another lap; another look; and Gloria stops the action to take each one down-and-back.  And some more rearrangement; she moved Pois-N & special forces up.  A final lap, and that's the way they finish; Kent with Patrick; Lenny with Pois-N; Art with Special Forces and Al with Enrique.
 
 
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together