Friday, October 16, 2009

Open bitch class

I just got to talk to Gloria and tell her how much I loved her judging. I also like what Lee has done so far. I got to talk to Chuck Sedgwick and he, Paula and I were congratulating each other on Harley and his new Herding Title.
    
Gloria just told me that when I turn on the microphone that it startles the dogs. I told her they won't let me touch the microphone. Ever since I announced in St. Louis, they have insisted I never do it again. I loved doing it, but the powers seem to have another idea.
 
It looks like seventeen bitches in the ring, and Lee pulls out the fist six.  Art, Fred Freeman, Abby, The Guz, Linda and a young lady neither Tony or I know.  I haven't seen Flower Boy yet. Maybe he got caught last night and is in jail. 
 
Art goes down and back and I see Bret walking around. The crowd seems to like her.  I just talked to Jimmy and Sheree for a bit. They are two of the most interesting and nice people I know. If you don't know them, be sure to say hello some time.  You will be amazed.
 
Lee seems to still be judging and has Liz in ther with Sim Car's Dirty Deeds.  She always looks so great at the nationals. I wonder how many trunks of clothes she brings.  There isn't an empty chair in the house. Liz has a nice bitch. I do wonder how they train the dogs to hug the wall. 
 
I spend a minute with Peggy Douglas, she just continues to stay young, and I hope I do as well in a few years when I am her age. Amy Riley came by to wave, another very nice person.  Bob Dresser (The Voice of The National) has been working the crowd today. So, Tony is doing the hard stuff at the microphone.
 
I just had an idea. As Flower Boy will tell you, that is always a problem. What if I loaded my Dragon program into my laptop so that what I say would go into the Word Processing program, and then I could also be announcing for the video at the same time.  I think that might be interesting.  On the other hand, I get a load of shit for what I say on the Blog. But, since Zoe owns the Blog, and the List, what can they do about it.
 
And Lee is still judging.  Sheree is talking to Sam Isreal.  Mike has Lndenhill's VooDoo Charm. I loved her mother, Lily and I like her every bit as well.  It is funny to watch people try to talk to either Lanalee or Bill from the upper window. It seems someone should lower their hair so they can climb up.  Yes! The crowd does like Mike's bitch. I suspect Lee will as well.  Dan Dwyer is taking right now, and it is so much fun to be in the middle and see everyone. That is the fun of the National for me. Sam Colven is here now talking to Tony.  Don't say anything but I just saw our new board member Gary kiss a beautiful woman. Oh, nevermind it is Patti.
 
Lee has six outthere with Liz in front.  Crystal Branan is out there in fourth place right in front of Mike, and she is going to be one of the best.  She is a young lady with a great future.
 
Now Diane in front, Kenn, Olivia Lenny, Unknown and Jeff.  I am sorry to find someone I don't know, but glad to see some new blood. On the other hand, it might be someone I know, and don't remember. Ellen just walked by and still has a grin from ear to ear.    Lee does more walking about than Gloria, and maybe it is an age thing.  Diane goes down and back and I do like the looks of the outline of her bitch. Lee asks her to stand and there she goes with Do Not Pass Go Of Edan.  A good mover, and a perfect back. Ken Tank is out there for his last National, He has Flustanz Sensation of Victory.  She is a daughter of Kathy's great dog Ch Elvanson's Nations Cup.  Olivia is up with Schreier's Jetta RA CD.  I can't get used to that tuft of blonde, but I am old. Maybe it is a young thing.
 
Bob Eaton is here and Tony has a bag of stuff, he is keeping up here. I buy snacks for us all, and next year Bob and I want a hot plate, and maybe a micro oven.  There goes Lenny with Rising Sun's Whisper.  I do wonder what is going to go on with the lunch break? We are going to be over early.  It is much more casual this year, and it seems more like the Canadian National in feel. I loved the one time I went to Canada and if I retire before I die, I will try to go to both.
 
Helen Gleason wants to talk about Parade of Greats. There is still a lot to do today, but we have to follow  the catalog.    There they go around with Dian in front, then Ken, Olivia, Lenny, unknown and Jeff, and Lee sends the over to the rest of the ring, and out comes the next group with Art, Fred, Abby, The Guz, Linda and unknown. Ther they go with Art in the lead.
 
This is his first group again, so it is time to start picking. Now the next group with Liz in front, Savain, then Fred, Crystal, Mike and Kent.  Gail Hardcastle, (President for two more days), came by to show me her new puppy.  I love him, and this is the first shepherd she has had since Gotti. She can take him to work with her.
 
There they go, a group of six.  Lee is wakingtowards them, moves Mike up and sends them back and in comes another group.  Lenny, Unknown and Jeff, and around they go. Where they stop, only Lee knows.
Kathy Potter came by and is talking to Gail, (our president for two more days). Lee goes to the front and looks them each in the eye and runs his hand down the backs. He gives everyone a good look.  He walks back out and stands and looks at each dog from about 40 feet away and says, "one time."  I read his lips and there they go.  One at a time.  Diane with Do Not Pass Go of Edan. Next is Ken with his own bitch. Now Olivia with Jetta.  Lenny with Rising Sun's Whisper.  I like the name as well as the bitch, The unknown handler with Melana's Eye Candy.  Jeff with Shadyrock's Polonaise.  There goes a group, and Liana New is here with us.  I do like her perfume. 
 
Less moves them, and puts them back where they were and it is Diane, Fire Bell, Liz and Fred.  Then Crystal Ken, Unknown and Jeff. There is some placing going on.  What is left is in there with ten left.
 
There goes Art, Fred Abby The Guz and another.  I think it is colder in here today.  There goes Mike, Kent, Diane, another and Lenny.  Mike has   Echo-Cham's Divine. That would be my choice, but as I have said, I was not asked to judge. Here comes the new president elect, Tish. She is moving better now.  I see Sue Godak, and Lew Bunch came by and is talking to us about what the three of us look like.   It is not a compliment.
 
Now it is Art in front, then Fred, Aby and The Guz. I don't know if that is it, or not, Lee keeps looking to the front as he moves down the line.  He tells them "one time".  Art gets ready, starts off slow and there he goes, one at a time.  Art has such a good hand on a dog.  Now Fred, and he takes off fast, but gets a loose lead and lets her do her own thing.  Abby slow and easy and lets the lead drop, and that is a smooth moving bitch. Next The Guz, and no one shows a dog like him. I tried to learn from him when I handled.  And there go the rest of them.  Bob and Charlotte Funk are standing in front of us talking to Liana New and Lew Bunch.
 
There goes Olivia.  Now he does it. In front is Art, Olivia, Lenny and Mike. Bob is doing Parade of Greats with the help of Tony. Bob, Tony and Gary are under a lot of stress, since everyone makes demands on them. I just type.
 
Now Lee takes them down and back. Bob Eaton is in front of us now,and I will go talk to him when the class is over.  I am sure he will be thrilled.  Martha Rinke just walked by and so did Michael Cheeks. Flusstanz Spirit of Australia may win this one.  There goes Olivia, and I like that bitch and now Lenny.  He is just working his first four.  He wants to move Olivia in front of Art, and there they go with her in front.  He takes the four, and leaves Olivia in front,a nd takes them again that way, Olivia, Art, Lenny and Mike.  THAT'S IT.
 
First is Schrieer's Jetta RA CD, Second is Flauasstanz Spirit of Australia, Then Third is Rising Sun's Whisper, and Fourth is Echo-Chan's Divine.
 
Lots more to go, the Parade of Greats, Best Junior Puppy at the end of the day, Seniors, and a bunch of other stuff that I never understood. I do hear there is a tribute to Joan Ford. That works for me.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together