Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Before the beginning in Ohio

Here I am, early at the arena. It is bright in here, cold as hell outside. I have a seat above it all, in the Command Central. There are going to be two of us up here, and we have to use a ladder to get up here, but it is 30 feet from the ring.  The seats are on three sections, each about a foot above the one in front, and right up to the ring.
 
I see a lot of people here already but everyone is milling about. I said hello to Sally who has great stuff again this year.  I spent a few minutes talking to Gail (our President for those who have forgotten), who looks terrific. She is happy and working the tables with the catalogs, which I got. The stalls are full, and Bobbie is here with shorts to take pictures, and he says he isn't cold, but it is 44 outside. 
 
Tony just came by, I guess he will start up here with me. I may go down with the unwashed for the show, it is more fun for me if I can talk to people, and it makes my Blog more interesting if I am not thinking about what I am writing.
 
Bob Grady came by with white pants, but a blue blazzer, he works hard all show, and gets too little credit. I saw Kathleen Strong, and Julie Hamerabi, (I know that isn't right but it is the best I can do).  Dorothy Lynn just walked by and gave a wave. I do feel outside the crowd, and will probably not stay here.  I do have seats in the stands, so that is where I might do the posting.  They are going to start any time now, so folks are starting to get seats.  I seem to be command central, everyone is asking me questions and I have no answers, as usual.
 
Randy Chesnut came by to talk about our littermates who will be in the Maturity, since they both won.  THE JUDGE IS HERE.   Bob Dresher just climbed into the booth.  Alex came by to shake hands, and was able to reach me in the issolation booth.  That does remind me that I will need someone to post from here during the Maturity Bitches.  My feet are already cold, and so I am not sure what the day will bring.
 
I see Bill Bergraff is in the ring organizing stuff. He is doing a great job. I was reflecting last night the great job those who ran our Nationals have done. Kathy Steen was so classy, Deberah always had such a great smile, Nancy Nellis had every little detail so organized and now Bob seems to do it with no effort, and from the background. Each of them managed to do what seems an impossible job, and yet do it with style, grace and goodwill. We are fortunate to have had them for our club.
 
Gloria Birch stopped by to say Good Morning and she had a big smile. I think she will do a great job today, and with Dogs.  I did see Gary Szymczyk, but I didn't get to say anything, he was getting ready for the Opening Cerimonies.  "See, I told you I can't spell".
 
So you know I am here, I am sending this early, more to come.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together