Thursday, October 18, 2007

American Bred Bitches and exhauston

 
The presentation class was fun. When Joy came in a big share of the crowd started to sing a Joy song, and she loved it. Baily's class was great and fun to see.
 
About an hour ago, someone came to the announcer's table to say that as she walked by a car, she was startled to see someone knocking on the glass and holding up a message that she couldn't get out. So we announced for someone to go to the car. When they checked, no one had gone, so she came back and asked us to announce it again, which we did. I found out that it was Ilean VanWieren, and she locked herself in and couldn't open the doors.  She is OK, but if it had been a dog, we would have called the police and brought charges. But, it was just a human being.  A good one, but not a dog.
 
I took a break and bought some great stuff for the kids in the office. They aren't into dogs, but the two girls are 18 and 23, so they will take whatever I give them. They are staying at the house to take care of my dogs, (can I be sued for that), and so they either hate German shepherds by now, or love them.
 
Bob is smiling the class is in, and the first group of seven is there.  Ken, Bill The Guz, Olivia Reggie and Jack. One handler I can't recognize.  Bill Tank is outside the ring with Kent, and they both have numbers so I know they are going in.  Bob is still doing the individuals, and the ring is open. Olivia is in there now, and she has grown up so much. She is a young woman now. Ed just came by and said he had second thoughts and he was going to kill me. I suggested he just sue me, and I gave him Margy's number. Come on, you have to laugh at this stuff. It is so tense now about the meeting, and we will see what happens in but a few hours.
 
There goes Kim Schooley, and walking with Erin Nellis.  Bob moves the first two. Bill basu with Sha Nay Nay, then the Guz witth Tikleme-elmo.  Next is Reggie with Vanity Fair.  And those three get a trip followed by the last four. I think the three are the ones to watch. Those seven take a break, and in comes the next group. Seven new ones to face the music.
 
Diane is in front, (for not) with Betty Boop.  But, that is how she was entered.  The second one in this class Tedi and I owned for a couple of months.  She went back to her owner with two majors, and is in there now.  She can move.  More individuals and lots of milling about. The seats are full and not much room in the bleachers.  It is good we are all friends.  Well, from my view, we are.
 
I did go to Sally's booth. Great stuff, and I spent my allowance. I may have to ask Tedi for some more money.
 
He pulled out two of them, Giselle and moved them to the side, and in comes another group, Leslie said to say hi to Dale and Bonnie and Olivia went second in Bred By and could have won. It is great to see Leslie feeling good and in top form. And she is in almost every class.
 
The new group has Kent at the end, for now. This has to be the last group, so there they go, and next the dreaded individual, for me at least.  My favorite in that group, Allyson.  I am not afraid to say ahead, but I guess I could wait until the winners are picked and then say that was my choice, and insert it in the front of the post. Maybe I will do that on Saturday to make myself look good.  There goes Cappy walking with Gail Hardcastle, and I understand Ken Downing is here, but I haven't seen him yet.  Bobbie Kindy is sitting with Nancy , and talking to Liz Sottile.  I did see Scootie earlier but Pat Parsons is sitting by herself right now, and Norma is talking.
 
Bill Tank just went around and it makes me feel better to see him breathing hard. I can't imagine that I used to be able to run this type of ring, and I miss it so. But, I see Jean Whalen hugging Terri Miles Green, and it is good to see them both. They have a nice tribute to Dick in the catalog, and a big poster for Bob Penny in the hall. We need to appreciate our friends and those who should be our friends.
 
Olivia came by to chat. Actually she wanted to see a card trick, so I showed her a new one I am working on. Peter Cassiopio is walking by and also Dania stopped by. Pan O'Dell has a great leather vest, and I may try to steal it from her. 
 
Back to the show. My attention is waning, and I need to maintain long enough for Saturday, and there goes Kent, the last in the last group. Now the real stuff begins.  He put Kent in front and then goes to the first group, with Bill Basu in front. Olivia is helping me and he moves them around and is placing his bitches.  He has Giselle in front with Long Ht Summer in second and he stes them aside, and aske the rest of the class, four bitches to go around.
 
He moves them to the other side, and now is working with the second class and moves Diane up to fifth in that group, and I know she is excited.  Then he takes them around.
 
Helen Gleason just cam by and talked to me.
 
There they go and Bob is walking over to this group, and he is talking with hand gestures and out go seven and no more National for this year.  Now he looks over He moves Giselle up front then Allyseon and then Sha Nay Nay, and the other four.  Now Bob stands back and takes his last three around.  And Bob tells them to take them loose and one at a time, and there goes Gesille.  Next is Kent with Allyson, and that is top quality. I think I spotted her when they first came in, or was that another class?  Dania is here too now, and talking to Olivia.  I see Kathy Tank relaxing, and the end is in sight.  The crowd likes Long Hot Summer.  There goes Bill Tank and Sean is talking to us now.   They need water for the handlers, and I say, let them eat cake.
 
Bob is done looking them over and calls the first three to the center. They stand loose and he is looking at each of them, and there goes Norma, she is not talking.  He reaches for one and "not a chance".  Now he calls the last four out there, and stands them.  All good bitches, number one, goes to last place and now Kent is in front, with Allyson. All down and back.   There is some excitement now, and three more to go.  There are cute ladies in there, and the bitches are nice too. Actually there is only one female handler left, and this national has all male judges. I wonder, is there a message there.?
 
He moved Jack into fourth, and at this point there is honor in a placing.  Bob walks back to look them over, and folds his hands, and Bob takes the first three, and I do like the third one best, except for the one in front who I would love to own. I think she is a super-star, but I am not judging.  Now he is looking at the last four, all good ones, in my opinion which no one cares about since the Mentor part of the National is over. 
 
Standing, First is Kaleef's Allyson V Kenlyn, Second Hot Summer, Third is Backachers Sha Nay Nay, and  Fourth is Faith Rock Caralon Surfer Girl.
 
Randy Darnell is here with us now, and we decided to just end the discussions and just report the winners.  It sounds good to me.
Evan 
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together




See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

No comments: