Saturday, October 20, 2007

Before the show on Saturday

 
 
Evan I love the smell of hair spray in the morning.
 
I came early to watch the events unfold and the excitement grow. The place in empty except for Twyla, Tedi, Stormy and Illeana.  I hear that the Lister's Party gathered $2,700.00 got rescue.   I am talking to Becky McIlroy and what great hair   I see that Grace is here as is the Famous Linda Battistoni.
 
I didn't get to the List Party as I went to the Foundation Party instead. It was interesting and I did not know it was mainly a fund raiser. They bid on serviced, (sorry, just handling), but it was fun.e I love what they do for the breed, and it is a great service.  I am talking to Les, and had a few words with Ed, and he is wearing a black shirt with a dark suit.  We sat with Carrie and Oak Smith. Good folks. People are starting to mill in now, and Flower Boy came by to work and I bought food to keep us here.
 
I loved the "Free For All" last night. They opened the ring, and in came the dogs. I saw Happy looking better than ever, and I couldn't miss Army, who is looking like he can't be beat. I did get to recognize a few others too and the excitement in the air was unbelievable.  There was a Junior's Seminar too in the ring, and all the kids with mentors. Jerry Guzman was working with them and and I counted 31 in there, the future of our breed.
 
I have some reflections of this National. The motto from Lew is Encourage, not discourage, and that is what I have seen. Lew has worked his heart out as has the rest of the board. They are everywhere encouraging and helping and it is clear he means it.  I do miss the Inclusion and not Exclusion. There is a clear feeling that they are doing it all, and need no help. I got to work at the Judges Education as a Mentor, and of course I am here at the announcer's table Blogging. I am not so sure that I would be preferred to be somewhere else, but no one has said anything to me.  That approach will change with Gail, and I am looking forward to the next year.
 
I sat next to the table with Jane Kerner, Dave Rinke, Bob Eaton and Pam Stoesser.  Also, Jeff Mobeus was at another table, and so the entire group was there. Bob is here now to announce and Erin Nellis giving directions.  I see Gail Hardcastle, and there goes Christine Spararga, and in bright red.   Bart Bartly is here and talking to Alex. 
 
I had a chance to talk to Pam Stoesser last night and she always is fun. I will make it a point to spend some time with Jane Kerner today, I don't spend enough time in person with her. We post back and forth a lot, but I only see her once a year.  Here is Scootie being pulled by a dog, and Nancy Hubble is in her seat, and so is Channing Sheets.   Linda Bankhead just came by and Joan is talking to Bob and the room is filling. I am starting to feel the tension and my heart is starting to beat and my eyes start to shine as tears build. I love this breed and can't wait to see the best of the best.  Nancy Goodek is here too.
 
The lights are bright, the dogs are at the end of the ring, Ed is there, the stewards are ready and the bitches go first in catalog order.  I see everyone talking putting on bibbs, and I am sending this to get everyone woken up, and then we go to the dog show.

Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together




See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

No comments: