Thursday, October 18, 2007

Last of the morning

Bob had the first group lined up and takes the around, and now the second half of that group.  I see Al outside the ring in from Puerto Rico,a nd there go the second three.  So far he hasn't placed them, Bob, not Al.  He send the first five off to the side, and tells them to stank outside, but keeps them all in.
 
In comes the second group with Georgie, then Laurie, Lennie, Kent, and Diane.  I missed two, but I am old, so you have to cut me some slack.  I do wonder if anyone is listening to this drivel and if I couldn't get voice recognition software to make it easier?
 
There they go the second group seven. Cindy is here with us again, and she reminded me that I will be working the welcome table later. I see Reggie is walking outside the ring, and Christine Sparanza walked by.  Now, those are blue eyes.  I see Libby is here and taking to Bob Moore. Cyndy does look great, and wants to remind us all to welcome the new people.
 
Evan's talking so Cyndy here. Bob is going over George's Novice bitch. The class is small maybe ten or so. There are some really nice dogs here at the show. The site is amazing - the sod is beautiful, the vendors seem to be getting a lot of business. The stall area is nice, the Colorado club had a nice food spread for everyone moving in on Tuesday night.
 
The Welcome Waggin' is a lot of fun. I have met so many new people, and seen lots of old friends. We now have about 100 candid photos on the "Who's Who?" board. It's a lot of fun. Gary's making me retake his picture because he lost a bet to Bart and was wearing a COLTS jersey and cap yesterday when I took his photo for the wall. Today he came back in his Bears jersey and wants me to PLEASE retake his picture! :) What do you think? Should I? ;)
 
I'M BACK!  More individuals going on, and lots of talk about what is going on with the club, and Lea Ruggieri is here with us, and is such a nice person. She says only good things about people and it bores me to death. But, I appreciate the difference from the rest of the show.  Now Lennie is holding Calamity Jane for the individual.  It is sort of quiet here now, and I think there is going to be a seating problem by Saturday.
 
This location is great, but very limited food, (hot dogs and hamburgers), and not enough seats. But, the other stuff is great.  Now Diane in the center with Miakoda.  Great temperament, and a good looking bitch.  Stormy came by and said she is in charge of the Pity Party even if she is here. I see that Bob has finished doing the individuals, and takes a break to wipe his hands. I don't see any color coming off on the tissues.  Cindy Tellefson walked by with Bev, and I see that Gary Szymzyk has a dog now, so he must be entered. 
 
Seven in the ring, and Bob takes the last three, led by Kent, and I know there are going to be some changes coming up any minute.  Norma is talking.
 
Bob stands back to look them over, and he has seven good one to look over, he walks up and moves back and forth looking at every one fo them closely, and no one can say they didn't get a good look, YES, he moves Kent to the front with Sienna, then Calamity Jan, next is New Sensation then Inferno, and Bob brings in the next group.
 
Six in this group, and he tells them to take a lap, and off they go. Four together, and I see a bitch called Born To Trot that I would take home in a minute. There go the last three, and Akash catches my eye.  Bob moves J-Lo to the front of that group, and now wants to look at his first group again.  There go what might be his "dump" group, but I am not sure, but fairly sure. He looks at them and does excuse them. They get to go home to wait for another year, and another judge.  We all know what that feels like. He has Miakoda in the rear, but I don't think that will stay that way.
 
There they go, one at a time. I thought I was getting excited, but no, they just turned the heat on. Man, the crowd loves I Get Around with Jack on her. Too bad only four can place in this group, there are lots of quality in this class.  It is fun to see who is liked by the crowd. They seem generally to know what they are doing.
 
Bob takes Diane around and that is the last one, and that is a quality bitch, Miakoda.  Bob loks them over, moves Scottie with J-Lo to the front, then Kent, Leslie with New Sensation and Georgie with Inferno, he also moves up Lennie with Soaring On A Breeze, and then Miakoda. I TOLD YOU!  I am not as stupid as you have been told.
 
Now there are only six left and the rest are given a chance to relax for this year.  He takes one down and back again, and looks at her standing, and is going to do them all. I do like the second one best. Sienna, but I am looking at her from a distance, and from above. Nancy Nellis is sitting here now, and watching.  There goes New Sensation, a bitch that could win another day, and gets moves up on coming and going, something I can't see from here. I saw Bill Leonard a minute ago, and there is a bit of tension going on now, as he is making his placings, and one more to go.
 
Miakoda, and she should move up, if Bob likes her, but NO! And, they line up.  Bob stands back, looks them over, from front to back and moves to the end t look at them from that perspective, and he instructs them to take tghe first three, and there they go with Scottie in the lead, Kent in third.  From the side, I like Kent's the best and he moves her into second.  So, it is Scott, Kent then Laurie, or rather their bitches.Bob asks for the three of them to stand in the middle facing me, and that is something to see. What great looking examples of our breed. Ron Peet came by with a great purple shirt.  Now we see the three of them standing loose. Bob goes back to the front.
 
He folds his arms, stands back in the front and looks them over, then walks down the line to look at the rest. He instructs them and tells them easy.  I heard Scottie tell his double handler, and he goes alone, and takes is slow. Bob says, DROP THE LEAD, and he does. Now Kent, with a very loose lead, now that is a fantastic moving bitch. Next is Laurie with New Sensation.  That is a loose lead.  Now Inferno with George and he gives bob a loose lead and she looks good. Bob is looking at them. Bob tells the crowd, "This is the worst time to double handle" and means it. He is right.
 
Now they lineI have been forced to sit next to Evan to provide security...every one is looking at us funny...FB
 
They go in the ring, and there is Joan Fox, and I see the big shift to the Right.  There is one person in the ring holding a bib, and waiting for her handler, I remember years ago when I did that, and it scared the hell out of me. It was also exciting. I have brought Flower Boy up to the announcers stand with Bob and I. They are talking sports, and they are both so much more manly than me.  I talk about dancing and flowers, so I know this is a treat for Bob.
 
I see Jane Kerner now walking about, and she is talking to Cappy, and There they go around with Carmen in his tux. He does clean up well.  And, Norma is still talking. There is Bob Gheglari, and Gary is working the crows. Richard Sottile came by and Bobbie Kindy.  Erin and Nancy Nellis are in the isle, and there is a bit more of doubling going on. Don Knight found breakfast, and I did talk to Illeana, and she has a big gold heart on her chest.  She has a blouse on too.  I get bored with the individuals, but that is just me. I should watch closer to see what temperament is about. I see Jean Whalen, and Norma is still talking, now to Twyla.
 
Carolyn Martello is working the ring, so her bitch must be in there. I did see Gloria Birch this morning, and Lew is talking to us now.  I also see Scootie is here early, and Georgie is outside the ring talking to someone.  Dave Firsche was here a wile ago, and it is very quiet in here. I see the Guz is in the ring, and looks bored.  Karen Taylor is woking too, so I know she has a dog in the ring.  Carmen is still doing the individuals. Bob Moore is here and I know Carole was here yesterday. Twyla is laughing and everyone is waiting for the judging of the placements to start.  And Norma is still talking.  Liz Leshhorn is here too, and lost a lot of weight. She wasn't trying to, but it looks great.
 
Carmen has broken them into two groups and he takes the first group around. I see Grace is talking to Paula and I see that Tedi is talking to Linda Bankhead and Joan Fox. Tedi is feeling great today, so the problems of this week are over, as far as I can see. Debbie Hokanan is here working the Foundation table and I notice that Carmen si doing another temperament test on the new group.  Bob Moore came by to complain about the doublers, they are in front of the people who bought the seats, and they do block the view. It is interesting this year as the seats are behind the opening area, so that doublers can move around. It is a problem this year.  Debbie Hokanan is talking to Illeana, and I tgold Bob to talk to Debbie and ask if she would have allowed it to happen this way if she was in charge.  Nancy, (used to be Godek) is here and has a great new hair do.  Short and blonde.
 
The crowd is starting to wake up, and a few favorites, but still individuals so it is time to talk to people.  Sharon Avery is here now, and Tedi volenteered her to work on the calendar next year. That could be fun. Julie Hamasaki is here, and I know, I spelled it wrong.
 
Tish Walker came by to chat, and is upset over the turmoil. Tonight is a big night, and I wasn't gong to go to the meeting, but I guess I will. I don't expect any problems, Lew will take control.
 
Carmen is still judging and Norma is still a talking.  Carmen has 12 or 13 dogs in the ring. Now he is starting to eliminate some of them, and takes the clzass around as a group. Bud Drew is here talking to Bobbie Kindy.  And now Carmen has them down to 11. He looks them over, and heads to the front with Poterhouse with Lenny.  I do like that dog, and Bill Basu is in second so Flower Boy is complaining that they are prejudice against Canadians.  Bill has an Army son, Last Cowboy, another superior dog.  Now Kent with Hot Shot, down and back one more tiime.  Next is Tiffany with Simon Says, a crowd favorite.  A nice sable.  Next is Anything Goes.  There are a lot of nice young dogs in this class.  Ben Bignoria is drinking, but it seems to be coffee. At least it is in a coffie cup.  Mike has Frazier, and then Scott with Tobias. Olivia is walking with Leslie, and growing up.   Last place for now is Diane Brown Bull-Lee. And Carmen moves Lennie up front, then Kent, Tiffany, and Anything Goes. And around go the first two. Lennie's dog can move, and against the white wall, a great picture, now Kent leads the two and his dog is another super-star. Carmen stops them as they are, and now the next two. Ginnie Altman has come by, and is talking to Bob.  And, Carmen reverses them for another trip. Each dog gets to lead one time. And now he takes the next two.    Ginnie is telling Ed that she hasn't gained any weight, has lost no hair, and looks good. Flower Boy just talked to Ginnie to get her to sing for him.  Ginnie looks great.
 
Now Carmen moves them to the center of the ring, and stacks them in reverse. So everyone looks at the wrong side, and takes them around from there, with Kent in the lead, then Lennie Tiffany and Scot. They are lined up and he says One at a time.  I just heard the meeting tonight is at the Best Western, not the host hotel. I wonder who knows that?
 
There they go, and some support from the crowd, we have some great looking young dogs here, and even the last one with Bill Basu is shouted up. Christine Spagnola has one more and even that is a good one.
 
Now Kent brings his dog out to stand loose, (or what passes for loose for a handler), and now Lenny does the same and Carmen sends them to the end to line up.  Some clear crowd favorites, and I see Scootie and Pat have a Corgie with them. That is a good looking, if a bit fat, dog.
 
Carmen is doing some directions and the handlers are indicating to the doublers what to do. And There go the first two, Ken in front and then Lennie. I don't think anything is going to beat Kent with that dog, it is a real top one, now the next two, and a lot of foot stamping for Tiffany a good looking sable.  Now two more, and not so much noise, but certainly some.
 
Two more, and but two to go. The last three take a pass, and they are popular too.  Carmen goes to the front of the line and looks them head on, and now he waks down the line looking at the first few from the front and now he backs up to look from the side, and everyone is telling the people outside to move, and there they gol, the whole class and Carmen is watchingthe front only and THAT'S IT!
 
First is Marquis Hot Shot, Second is Hickoryhills Porterhause V Babheim B, Third is Windy Acres-Dirigo Lookin' For Trouble, and Fourth is Zukerdok's-Makea's Tobiad
 
Bud Drew came by with pictures of me with Coco in 1979. What a great head of black hair I had back then. Bud looked like a kid.
 
Not on to another class. up againathe way they were.  Bob says this is six very nice bitches and he is looking to see if the topline stays when they move, and there go the first three again.  Now the last three, and I am watching the top lines after hearing Bob.  And, First is Woodside's CK J- Lo's, Second was Hi Cliff Sienna Kaleef, Third was Totana Piper Hills Inferno, and Fourth is Azuma Bellasay's New Sensation.
 
I hope this works for all of you.   Am sending this stuff out to the Blog before it is announced to the crowd here.
 
Evan 
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together




See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

No comments: