Friday, October 27, 2023

Dogs, then Bitches

It was so good to talk to Kenen Renolds,a nd he is talking to Tony Monk. Bob, (the voice of the National) has the 12-15 dog to compete with Winners.  Lots of tension right now, and it is clear that no one knows what is going to happen.  The Winner's Class will be the largest class other than puppies 2-4.  It is going to be interesting.

In come the dog winners,  Vicky is standing out there. She looks great and seems to be having a good time.  Knee high boots and a short black dress.  And, in they come.  I have to admit this is an impressive group of dogs.

They come in in order, and I have my winner picked. I wonder how I can let Vicky know what I want her to do.  12 in there and off goes the first six. Tony just said something that I hadn't thought of.  If you have an older entry, the top quality has finished. Now the second group.  And they all stack.  She walks down the line to put her hand on each one.  She pulls out two, then three more and takes the rest around seven, and I don't think they have a future today and Vicky applauds them and moves them over to the side..  Yes, she has them stand back and goes to the five she pulled out. they stack and lots of concern by at least five owners.  I am so fortunate my dog went Best of Dump.  She has not placed these five yet, and takes the first two, and now the last three.  Good looking five dogs.  Then there were three. Lenny Liz and Kent, and dogs.  The crowd has an opinion.

Each goes down and back and one of these three will be WD.

The crowd likes the Open Dog best, but now it is in that order andKent in second is yelling aat the owners and Vicky gives them a good look.  Kent and Liz are still  in the running and now Kent in front. Everyone gets a turn in front.  I see three great dogs, and now Liz in front.  I would probably go with Kent, but I am a long way away. I think those are three superior dogs. She checks temperament and the crowd favorite is Lenny.  they stand, she is talking to them 

Vicky goes tot he table to get the marking, and she has decided, but we don't know. She brings out the ribbbon. what tension and they all stand and get a round of applause. Vicky tells thecrowd what she wants and YES, it is Kent with the American Bred Dog  Marneet Marquis Pipe Bomb v Kenlyn.

Now to Reserve, and it is the Open Dog Trattino's Barefoot Blue Jean Night v Peters' Elite.